[ROM] 11/24 - SenselessROM 2.9.5 -GB 2.3.4 - Wow! Just Wow!

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] 10/19 - SenselessROM 2.7 -GB 2.3.4 - Un-Beat-able!

Both ROMs are built on the same base. Senseless has had all of the sense stuff removed that is safe to remove. You could try it by only wiping both caches. There are parts of sense that are to baked into the shipping ROM to remove without adverse effects. It definitely is lighter than CleanROM. Luckily the hardware can handle all extra baggage without skipping a beat.

Wow... you do seem to know your stuff! I installed Senseless without a factory reset. Seems to have worked fine. Phone looks the exact same as before. Oh... and I have a new animation when booting the phone and no more sense lock screen so I know it did something!

Last edited:

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] 11/22 - SenselessROM 2.9 -GB 2.3.4 - Unreal!

Is wifi tether redundant of Sprint Hotspot? Do I need both? Wifi Tether is always running in my task manager for some reason. Can I uninstall it and just use the Sprint app?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Added to SD Card: Sprint TV 4.3.4.7-154999 <----- what exactly does that mean? I don't have anything on my phone that says Sprint TV... but I would be interested in having it! :)

FYI for anybody:
And I switched from CleanRom to Senseless (without a factory reset) worked great but my RomUpdater still showed me the CleanRom updates. I checked the Rom server and it said senseless... so I chose "Reset Rom Update Server" and that fixed the problem.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Added to SD Card: Sprint TV 4.3.4.7-154999 <----- what exactly does that mean? I don't have anything on my phone that says Sprint TV... but I would be interested in having it! :)

FYI for anybody:
And I switched from CleanRom to Senseless (without a factory reset) worked great but my RomUpdater still showed me the CleanRom updates. I checked the Rom server and it said senseless... so I chose "Reset Rom Update Server" and that fixed the problem.
Check the CleanROM folder on your SDcard.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Check the CleanROM folder on your SDcard.

Hmmm.... Nothing there.OOPS! Just as I was writing this I thought... HEY! I have Senseless Rom... maybe there is a Senseless Rom folder! And there were the files! lol

So do I just flash them like a Rom and then I will have the apps in my app drawer?

And thank you!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.... Nothing there.OOPS! Just as I was writing this I thought... HEY! I have Senseless Rom... maybe there is a Senseless Rom folder! And there were the files! lol

So do I just flash them like a Rom and then I will have the apps in my app drawer?

And thank you!
I believe it is an apk file, navigate to it using a file explorer (astro, es file explorer) and install like any other app.

Reactions: tommymsw

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Version 2.9.5 - 11/24/2011
  • Fixed: Personalize Menu (Big thanks to freeza!)
  • Updated: Extended EPST Functions
  • Updated: WiFi Tether 3.1 Pre 104
  • Changed: Stock HTC Camera now default
  • Removed: SD Card folder

Senseless2.9.png

If you like it hit Thanks... If you love it hit Donate!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Why back and fourth with the camera? Between the two cameras?

Also... I don't have the "personalize" area in my settings?
Camera: It keeps changing because people keep finding issues with it.
Personalize: It is part of Sense, therefore it was removed.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Camera: It keeps changing because people keep finding issues with it.
Personalize: It is part of Sense, therefore it was removed.

Ah... I got confused because it said "fixed" and not "removed"

And I am only going to assume that the camera will come back if/when there are no more problems. I liked the idea of the features (if they all worked). For me... the 3d camera was 90% of why I bought this phone.

I know the "stock camera" was available through the Rom Updater, would it be possible to add the other camera to that? (I don't know if that's hard or super easy to do) I would still like to mess around with it maybe?

paulkimlax

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for more than 2 weeks and I LOVE IT!
Only problem that I have is just by touching the capacitive buttons, the screen will unlock. This this normal for senseless rom? or is there way to fix the issue.

BTW, I have hboot 1.5

I would appreciate any advice you guys could give me.

Thanks,

zldaniels37

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

I am kinda new to whole rooting thing. But I have an HTC evo 3d rooted from hboot 1.5. I have TWRP and i flashed senseless rom 2.9.5 but 4g and wifi wont work. anybody know how to fix that??

Thank you.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Flash the kernel

You need to flash the kernel. Get Flash GUI from the market (it is available for free on xda, I don't have time to find the link) there is also a link in the stickies for the app.

scoot0073

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone
Im running CleanRom 3.0 HB 1.5 this is the first rom i flashed after rooting.
My problem is now i notice that my 3g signal now shows 1X more than 3g..
Is there a fix for this ? Ive looked here and other forums but cant find anything..

Thanks for the help

Evo 3D running CleanRom 3.0

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone
Im running CleanRom 3.0 HB 1.5 this is the first rom i flashed after rooting.
My problem is now i notice that my 3g signal now shows 1X more than 3g..
Is there a fix for this ? Ive looked here and other forums but cant find anything..

Thanks for the help

Evo 3D running CleanRom 3.0
You are not on 1x anymore than you were prior to flashing the ROM, you are just now seeing an accurate representation of your signal.

ominub

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Any chance the Caller ID functionality will be added? It isn't a big deal, but it's one of those conveniences I like. The rest of the ROM is great. I've been using it for a few days now, but I'll probably switch back to cleanROM if there is no chance we'll see the caller ID on the lock screen.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Not likely to be fixed at this time. It is an insane amount of work just to fix a tiny little inconvenience. :-( Lots have tried, lots have failed.