What would you like to see in a Custom ROM - Now Taking Requests!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Greetings everyone...

I am now at stage three of my development cycle for the Evo 3D and that is a fully customized ROM, (themed, tweaked, etc). I am open to suggestions and requests on what is desirable to you.

You can suggest anything you want, from status bar icons, to launchers, keybaords, backgrounds, etc Even kernels... I cannot however put paid apps into the ROM but I am sure that goes without saying.

Unfortunately I will not be able to fulfill everyone's request but all will be taken into consideration.

Thanks for you feedback and suggestions!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: What would you like to see in a Custom ROM - Now Taking Reque

Wifi tether is a no brainer, right?
Themes! (I'm looking at you jondevere, just kidding )
Custom boot animations. There is some simple little form of rebellion by kicking the Sprint and HTC animations to the curb.
Battery % MOD
Ability to boot into recovery from holding down power button.
I have no doubt the stock kernel can be improved on.
I don't worry about apps, that is what the market is for.

Just a few off of the top of my head. I may reflash my old phone (sad little Samsung Intercept) with some ROMs to jog my memory.

Reactions: scrosler

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

And peanut butter cookies, if my phone could make peanut butter cookie I will rename on of my children Scrosler.

rawsin

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

personally ive been looking for a rom that is more like the factory installed rom with the native wifi tether battery % mod cleaned out of the bloat and trackers as long as it doesn't inter fear with normal operation
overclocking kernel that works with setcpu and some basic performance and setting hacks/tweeks my big thing is i really hate to be limited or restricted from the normal services i use because the rom is picky about stuff :cool:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

personally ive been looking for a rom that is more like the factory installed rom with the native wifi tether battery % mod cleaned out of the bloat and trackers as long as it doesn't inter fear with normal operation
overclocking kernel that works with setcpu and some basic performance and setting hacks/tweeks my big thing is i really hate to be limited or restricted from the normal services i use because the rom is picky about stuff :cool:
so you want CleanROM then? :cool:

Reactions: scrosler

duke8804

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

If it is possible i would like the animation the nexus S has when in the app drawer. looks like the apps turn a corner and start to go farther away.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

If it is possible i would like the animation the nexus S has when in the app drawer. looks like the apps turn a corner and start to go farther away.
Yeah, I dont have that.

You are talking about the GB launcher. No one has that ported to our device yet. I tried to do it from pure Nexus S ROM but when I did the drawer worked like you said but was way off center. Dont worry though, i will keep plugging away...

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

There are "stock" gingerbread launchers in the market. Would those work?

EDIT: Ahhh...I see what you mean. I just tried one, just a little off center.

Last edited:

SirWill

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

For the most part I like Sense. I like the big clock/ weather widget on my home screen. I'm not a fan of the amount of memory that Sense uses. I would like to be able have my all app icon default to list mode instead of icon mode. I wish I could have my launcher rotate to landscape mode including my list of apps when I pop it up.

This phone is my first Android phone. I am learning a lot, and still trying to decide which ROM I want to put on it.

Oh yeah, I want Sprint Hotspot unlocked with wifi tethering for 3G, 4G, and USB tethering I suppose...

Camera enhancements are always nice. A rom that allows for customizing and tweaking the look and feel with simple flashable zips would be nice. I come from WebOS where there were tons of "Patches" to both the OS, launcher, and built in Apps. There were even some patches for 3rd party apps.

I'd like to be able to watch videos with the USB port up in the air, not just down. (Thinking Netflix) I'd like to be able to have it down for use in a dock, or up if I'm propping it up on my desk.

This might be there, but I haven't found it yet, but I'd like to be able to simply not assign a distinct ring tone to a contact, but a distinct message notification per contact.

I'd like to be able to have my work exchange email on my phone how it is, but not have to have a secure PIN on the phone.

I might like Android without Sense but I don't know. I suppose I could always try a senseless rom, and if I find I miss sense I could go back to it.

I'd like to say thank you to all of the devs who have put so much in to making the 3D an already great device even better!

rawsin

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

so you want CleanROM then? :cool:

Not Exactly i tried CleanROM and the keyboard and the word finishing pop up bugged me too much to keep it any time i typed i it always made it im. right now im using BloodyBeastROM (only has a few lil issues but i can deal with them) i like it but will most likely spend the weekend flashing untill i find the right one for me

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Not Exactly i tried CleanROM and the keyboard and the word finishing pop up bugged me too much to keep it any time i typed i it always made it im. right now im using BloodyBeastROM (only has a few lil issues but i can deal with them) i like it but will most likely spend the weekend flashing untill i find the right one for me

You could always just go into settings and turn that off.