[ROM] OUTDATED THREAD -= Dark Sense ROM v.1.1 =- 8/22/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjeter1

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] -= Dark Sense ROM v.1.0 =- 8/18/11

i just flashed Dark Sence ROM and its all cool but the only thing my wifi quit working..... this is my 3rd rom and it seems that they all make my wifi quit..... when i revert back to my stock rom it works again......is there a way to fix this because i really like this rom.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

You should do a full wipe and install this ROM. There is no issues with the wifi on mine or a few other peeps that I know are using this. Are you using a restore program or something after u flash the ROM.

ie. Titanium Backup? Maybe a full restore?? This could be an issue...

There is nothing in this build that would kill wifi. Its based off of stock sense and even has the same kernel so it has to be something ur doing or not doing...

jamesjeter1

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

You should do a full wipe and install this ROM. There is no issues with the wifi on mine or a few other peeps that I know are using this. Are you using a restore program or something after u flash the ROM.

ie. Titanium Backup? Maybe a full restore?? This could be an issue...

There is nothing in this build that would kill wifi. Its based off of stock sense and even has the same kernel so it has to be something ur doing or not doing...
No I did a cache dalvech and data wipe before I flashed this ROM....I just flash cleanrom and its working with it......

jamesjeter1

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Here is exactly how I'm doing the flash......putting zip on root of SD card. Then going into recovery which is cwm 4.0.1.4-shooter.....then doing the 3 wipes, then I install from SD card.....everything goes greatjust no WiFi.....

jamesjeter1

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

If ya talking about the last its, yeas I did.......but unlock HTC way and flashed superuser and Cwm

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I just had someone that took the most recent update flash this rom and wifi worked fine. Not sure why yours is not. How did you download the ROM? via AC? or Rom Manager?

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

I just flashed this ROM and its working perfectly. Just a little bit overwhelming at 1st b/c Ive never had launcher pro but its pretty sweet as everything is customizable. I love the fact the home screen can be landscape as well.

My WIFI was working perfectly as I was using gchat and surfing the web for awhile. Also, this is probably the fastest ROM Ive had on the evo 3d as switching between apps and screens were quick. Im on the latest firmware update too 2.3.4

Great work on this ROM.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Maybe try updating your radio's. Im not certain what your issue is but I would like to know why its not working. Thats not normal...

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

If ya talking about the last its, yeas I did.......but unlock HTC way and flashed superuser and Cwm

Maybe try updating your radio's. Im not certain what your issue is but I would like to know why its not working. Thats not normal...

He already did when he took the OTA.

Just sayin....

But I have not tried a 1.13 RMO with the 2.08 Radio... So.... I dont know...

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] -= Dark Sense ROM v.1.1 =- 8/22/11

I think I am going to give this one a test drive this evening.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

coolio! lemmie know what u think. Knowing what u dont like is good to know as well. :)

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Will do! I already downloaded. As soon as the kids go to sleep...

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

After using CleanROM since its release, this definitely has a different feel. So far so good.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

1. Now that the personalize option is gone how do I go about changing the quick launch icons on the lock screen?

2. Are there any plans to update this to 2.3.4?

Just a couple of thoughts after 12 hours with the ROM. Off to work, I will play with it a little more when I get home tonight.
Great job on your first ROM. If this is how your first one turns out I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Yea personalize is gone.. so u cant change the icons on the lock screen. That is kinda lame I agree. I am gonna look into doing something else with the lock screen. I dont think I am going to update it to 2.3.4. Not yet at least. There are unseen bugs and issues with the updated OS. I have had no reason to update it. In other words. There isnt anything that is broken that it fixes, nor does it add any additional features with the update. I will eventually tho. There hasnt been a need to because not many even use my ROM. LOL

Thanks for the feedback tho. I agree with everything u said. More info is better than none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia