Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Official root from HTC is now available

now you can root your phone through the HTCDEV.com , just gotta register , login , and use the instruction for EU sensation , HTC rep on Their facebook page has approved it!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official root from HTC is now available-capture.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 1.1-CM7-Stock

Default Re: Official root from HTC is now available

HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader and it is official 2 on their site, green is go baby!
    My list:
    God
    Family
    Android
    Everything else
    Devil
    Apple
    Steve Jobs

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Did it...
    Didn't pay attention that it factory resets the phone. Yay to another wasted night.

awesome!!!

Default HTC Bootloader unlock

Has anyone tried the new bootloader unlock from HTC now that it's available for our 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    Did it...
    Didn't pay attention that it factory resets the phone. Yay to another wasted night.
    Are you s-off or were you before doing it? I've read people are having a hard time putting custom recoveries on. I'd be interested in more details .
    ROM Developer

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Many

Im not playing wiht this crap. All they did was steal revolutionary's tool and convereted it to there use so they can track you! Stay revolutionary if you have not taken the update.

Donations are accepted but not expected!

Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
    Im not playing wiht this crap. All they did was steal revolutionary's tool and convereted it to there use so they can track you! Stay revolutionary if you have not taken the update.
    That's just silly to say they stole revolutionary's tool. HTC has makes the software and hardware. They don't need to find holes to exploit when they have the source.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

So, I've unlocked the bootloader, and download the 384MB image that roots this. How do I flash this and get root, while keeping everything?
    ROM Developer

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
    That's just silly to say they stole revolutionary's tool. HTC has makes the software and hardware. They don't need to find holes to exploit when they have the source.
    That was ment to be more of a synical comment than a factual statement. Sorry for any confusion.

Donations are accepted but not expected!

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Is there a way to get this stupid update notification off of my phone? I am terrified I might accidentally tap it.

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by newboyx View Post
    Is there a way to get this stupid update notification off of my phone? I am terrified I might accidentally tap it.
    Sorry for the thread jack. ;-)

Has anyone tried this that already has S-OFF? I had S-OFF already (without root) and updated fine. When I boot to recovery it still shows S-OFF but now has a big *** LOCKED *** at the top of the recovery screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMovieStar View Post
    Has anyone tried this that already has S-OFF? I had S-OFF already (without root) and updated fine. When I boot to recovery it still shows S-OFF but now has a big *** LOCKED *** at the top of the recovery screen.
    Do you mean you too the OTA update with S-OFF and no root? If so, you can try to just go through the steps at htcdev.com to unlock. I don't think it would put you back to S-ON if the update didn't.

So if I took the last ota I screwed and can't use revolutionary? Or just patiently wait for rev to be updated...

Yep. The OTA did not affect Rev's S-OFF. Guess I'll have to wait for them to update Rev. If that doesn't work, then I'll go HTCDev and root.

I read on XDA that people can root and still install roms,etc without S-Off. Someone posted that the HTC root breaks 4G and Wifi but I can't post there. Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone been successful rooting with HTC, flashing recovery, roms, kernal, etc? Thanks.

I have used the HTC official method for unlocking the bootloader.

Yes it still looks like you are S-ON.

No it doesn't matter. I've already loaded a recovery, grabbed superusers, and did a rootcheck.

I haven't done a ton with it yet, though I did grab the MSL reader then uncapped my 3G speeds. When I have time to do more, I will.

At this thread: [GUIDE]Root Evo 3D!|Win/Mac/Linux|VIDEO WALKTHRU|HTC Unlock Method|08/19/2011 - xda-developers

They'll tell you how to get the custom recovery on.

I also don't have any problems with 4G or wifi. I use both frequently, and have continued to do so since making the switch.

i have rooted the htc way but use them a little dif.......i cant post a link on 1st post so i will repost the link in next post....

here is the link that i used to root my 3d and it worked perfect......

How to Root Evo 3D! [2.08.651.2 and Later] [HTC Unlock Method] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

Quote Originally Posted by jamexman View Post
    So if I took the last ota I screwed and can't use revolutionary? Or just patiently wait for rev to be updated...
    How to Root Evo 3D! [2.08.651.2 and Later] [HTC Unlock Method] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

Default update 2.3.4 and root question

Im sorry If this was discussed already but i know I can't use revolutionary to root but if i go thru HTC to root can you install custom roms?? Or any other roms besides the stock one?? Again sorry if this was already asked

Default Re: update 2.3.4 and root question

Bump I meant the 2.08 update

Default Re: update 2.3.4 and root question

From what I have read yes you should be able to. But if you want to use the Revolutionary root method you could downgrade your hboot to a supported version and run it.
    Rooted Evo 3D - Milestone DM1, no bath salts

Quote Originally Posted by vanjangles View Post
    From what I have read yes you should be able to. But if you want to use the Revolutionary root methodist you could downgrade your hboot to a supported version and run it.
    How do you downgrade the hboot?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast