Rooted evo 3d wont start

bart1888

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I feel for your situation.

Well, hey, we gave it our best shot so far. And, you're getting an education in Android, but not the best way.

I learned a lot on my phone, only becaues HTC pushed a bad update, and killed my wifi and tooth. So I didn't have much choice but to root and rom. And I learned a lot of stuff. Like the Gold Card! HA! Who would have guessed.

What really turns my crank, is that you have new phones. And devs of course, want to find a way to root them. That's ok, and they should be blessed for doing so. But, before a method is introduced, they should make damn sure it works on a very high percentage of phones. In this case, Revolutionary wasn't tested enough, and was released to the public before it should have.

yeah, ok, they posted tons of warnings about it. But if you need to post tons of warnings, why advertise it to the general public? And the warnings were, it basically wasn't ready for mainstream use.

The individuals involved, have done tons to develop the methods to make users happy. I take nothing away from that, or the happy users they created. But this time, I have to say, they dropped the ball. One can only peruse through the forums, and see the Bricks created. And when I say Bricks, I mean failed roots. And the recovery methods, are not that great.

I wonder what the criteria was, before releasing the product. 5 phones rooted? 10 phones? I really don't know because nobody says. Maybe it was only 1 phone.

These days, everybody wants to be the first to create root methods on new phones. Bragging rights in this technical world. Because we as consumers demand this. To be first. And to be first to advertise it.

It's what we want....

Yes, I totally agree, I got it with a tutorial on youtube but they didn't give a warning or something and they didn't say I had to backup my phone or something. But I've got another hopefully last question, I want to make a gold card and see if that works but how can I make one when my phone won't start? I searched for a tutorial but it says I have to connect my phone to setup the adb. But thats impossible for me because I can't start my phone. Are there other ways to setup the adb? I think the answer is no, I searched for it but maybe you know :p. When this doesn't work unrooting is my last change I think.

bart1888

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't personally heard of people getting charged for repairs when they mess up their phone, and try to exchange it or get it fixed under warranty. But, I do not know what your carrier will do.

I suspect, they can;t get into bootloader or recovery, and there is a chance they will not know what is going on with it. But I can't promise that.

You just got your phone, so you still have time under warranty to find a solution.

This is the problem every person has to think about when they root and Rom. For the most part, things work ok provided one follows the instructions.

I think the issue with your phone, is that the process is new along with the model phone, and because of that, it can fail much easier.

I suggest, if you can, to try all possibilities before returning your phone.

XDA is a good site, as they have tons more "modders" there, and are more into these things.
Now heared I really messed up with installing the custom recovery's. I had GSM and tryed to install for the CDMA.Stupid of me. Now can't get to the recovery, not sure what to do know :-\

bart1888

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I feel for your situation.

Well, hey, we gave it our best shot so far. And, you're getting an education in Android, but not the best way.

I learned a lot on my phone, only becaues HTC pushed a bad update, and killed my wifi and tooth. So I didn't have much choice but to root and rom. And I learned a lot of stuff. Like the Gold Card! HA! Who would have guessed.

What really turns my crank, is that you have new phones. And devs of course, want to find a way to root them. That's ok, and they should be blessed for doing so. But, before a method is introduced, they should make damn sure it works on a very high percentage of phones. In this case, Revolutionary wasn't tested enough, and was released to the public before it should have.

yeah, ok, they posted tons of warnings about it. But if you need to post tons of warnings, why advertise it to the general public? And the warnings were, it basically wasn't ready for mainstream use.

The individuals involved, have done tons to develop the methods to make users happy. I take nothing away from that, or the happy users they created. But this time, I have to say, they dropped the ball. One can only peruse through the forums, and see the Bricks created. And when I say Bricks, I mean failed roots. And the recovery methods, are not that great.

I wonder what the criteria was, before releasing the product. 5 phones rooted? 10 phones? I really don't know because nobody says. Maybe it was only 1 phone.

These days, everybody wants to be the first to create root methods on new phones. Bragging rights in this technical world. Because we as consumers demand this. To be first. And to be first to advertise it.

It's what we want....

Hey is revolutionary a custom recovery?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Any recovery that is not factory issue, is considered a custom recovery. I think Revolutionary uses Clockwork recovery, which is what I use.

So you tried to flash a cdma Rom or recovery? Ouch.....

Try doing it with the gsm. (sim card version) And if you succeed in getting the revovery to work, then the rest will be ok.

If you get to the recovery menu after installing the correct recovery ;) Be sure to wipe your cach memory, and then Advanced/Delvik cach memory BEFORE trying to flash your Rom. A lot of people forget to do this, and the flashing sometimes fails.

bart1888

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Any recovery that is not factory issue, is considered a custom recovery. I think Revolutionary uses Clockwork recovery, which is what I use.

Try doing it with the gsm. (sim card version) And if you succeed in getting the revovery to work, then the rest will be ok.

If you get to the recovery menu after installing the correct recovery ;) Be sure to wipe your cach memory, and then Advanced/Delvik cach memory BEFORE trying to flash your Rom. A lot of people forget to do this, and the flashing sometimes fails.

I know :p But I got my Revolutionary clockwork mod recovery back, now installing a htc evo 3d gsm rom, hopefully this will work.

bart1888

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

w00t I got it worked I installed an early version of the rom first it wouldnt work but now I reinstalled and it worked thanksfor your help :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa