Problem with ROM Manager backup

vchengap

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the Android scene and I used the HTCDev method outlined here to root my phone. The walkthrough included the installation of ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4. Everything worked like a charm and I got root.

Well today I wanted to perform a backup and I was following yet another tutorial for performing the backup. It asked me to download ClockworkMod ROM Manager and use the app to do a backup. Next step was to flash the recovery using the app. I went ahead and flashed the recovery which seemed to be a newer version (4.0.1.5) than the one I flashed when I rooted (4.0.1.4). The recovery flash seemed to work but I started getting problems when I tried to perform a backup. When I click "Backup Current ROM", it immediately restarts my phone. The backup is not created as there is no "backup" folder in the "clockworkmod" folder on my SD card.

Couple questions:

1) Did I screw anything up by flashing the new recovery over the older version?

2) Why do you think the backup isn't working?

Many thanks

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to the Android scene and I used the HTCDev method outlined here to root my phone. The walkthrough included the installation of ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.4. Everything worked like a charm and I got root.

Well today I wanted to perform a backup and I was following yet another tutorial for performing the backup. It asked me to download ClockworkMod ROM Manager and use the app to do a backup. Next step was to flash the recovery using the app. I went ahead and flashed the recovery which seemed to be a newer version (4.0.1.5) than the one I flashed when I rooted (4.0.1.4). The recovery flash seemed to work but I started getting problems when I tried to perform a backup. When I click "Backup Current ROM", it immediately restarts my phone. The backup is not created as there is no "backup" folder in the "clockworkmod" folder on my SD card.

Couple questions:

1) Did I screw anything up by flashing the new recovery over the older version?

2) Why do you think the backup isn't working?

Many thanks

1. No you didint screw anything up.

2. CWM may be failing you. You should try getting support from them. They are really good about giving support.... Just kidding... They suck at support. You have to get vocal and post your concerns on there facebook page or prepared to be ignored.

Better yet, dump that recovery and that app and use twrp recovery.

Reactions: vchengap

vchengap

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response scrosler.

Before I saw your advice, I had already uninstalled ROM Manager and re-flashed the original version of CWM (4.0.1.4). That actually did the trick and I was able to perform a backup through the CWM recovery panel instead of fiddling with ROM Manager.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995