Help! Cannot get into recovery with SD installed!

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So I went to apply a new rom, and as usual, I saved the zip to my SD card, wiped everything, and went to install... I was getting an error about /sideload/packages.zip, and as per guides found on xda, restarted. well, obviously, since I restarted, I cannot get anywhere except the HBOOT screen. Here's where I really f**ked up... I left a zip file from when I changed my splash screen on the root of the sd card. so when I go into hboot, it istantly parses the zip file, and asks if I want to update my splash. Whether I say yes or no, it leaves me where I have to press power to reboot. If I take the sd card out, I can get to TWRP, but I can't put the sd card back in without pulling the battery, which restarts the phone(even when connected via usb)

Is there any way short of using a microsd reader(which I do not have) to fix this? I assume all I have to do is remove that zip file...

Please help me!

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
if you can get into recovery, can you flash by installing a zip to flash the new ROM and once rebooted, go into storage mode to delete the splash file? just a guess as I am still relatively new to android and all.

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't get any zip files with me into recovery, since the only way for me to get into recovery is to remove my sd. and I can't insert my sd while the phone is in recovery either, so unfortunatley I wont be able to flash a rom or delete the splash that way

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't get any zip files with me into recovery, since the only way for me to get into recovery is to remove my sd. and I can't insert my sd while the phone is in recovery either, so unfortunatley I wont be able to flash a rom or delete the splash that way
wasn't sure it would work, but wanted to suggest. hopefully someone can help you out.

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I had figured out how to solve this issue!
1. boot into hboot with no sd card inserted in phone
2. load TWRP recovery
3. with the cover off, lift the battery about 10 degrees, and slightly rotate it towards the battery contacts, until you can slip the sd card back in. once you do so, replace the battery and case,
4. go to advanced settings, reset settings, reset to recovery. this will let you bypass the HBOOT screen
5. enable usb mode, delete unwanted zip files, disable usb mode
6. flash ROM using TWRP

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED!

2. load TWRP recovery
3. with the cover off, lift the battery about 10 degrees, and slightly rotate it towards the battery contacts, until you can slip the sd card back in. once you do so, replace the battery and case,
4. go to advanced settings, reset settings, reset to recovery. this will let you bypass the HBOOT screen
6. flash ROM using TWRP
Right on! Glad you got it working. Good to know - just in case. :)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED!

2. load TWRP recovery
6. flash ROM using TWRP

ahahahahahahahahaha

I always forget to remove those PG86IMG.zips and have to do the exact same thing!

nvsb

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having a related issue - when i select recovery in hboot, it is rebooting everytime and so unable to flash any roms. In hboot, it is looking for PG86DIAG.zip/nbh etc.. refer to the attachment. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

nvsb

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having a related issue - when i select recovery in hboot, it is rebooting everytime and so unable to flash any roms. In hboot, it is looking for PG86DIAG.zip/nbh etc.. refer to the attachment. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

my problem was resolved. i had selected the check imgsrc option on hboot and it took a while to throw some numbers. After that, i was able to go to recovery to flash a new rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC