Need to flash radio with ROM?

Tino420

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So I just rooted my E3D using the HTC method. Now I want to flash ROM using Synergy 3Dvo but I'm not sure if i need to flash radio. Their note say make sure to flash radio but I know nothing about this and don't wanna brick my phone. I'm new to rooting and ROM so I need some help.

Android

Kernel Version

Baseband Version

Build number

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Quick question..... When you rooted using the HTC method, did your phone get cleared of its apps or did all your apps and game progresses still exist? I don't want to root if it erases everything.

Sent from my EVO 3D

dizidi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, if u accepted the latest OTA update from HTC which has the locked 1.50 bootloader you're stuck with what u got for now, as the radio can't be accessed.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think there's a misunderstanding going on here. If you went to htc website and did there method then you don't have root. You only have a unlocked bootloader which is the start of the process then you would need to flash a custom recovery.Then you could flash a rom. As far as radio there would be no need to update radio cause you had to be on the most recent to use their bootloader unlocker.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I think there's a misunderstanding going on here. If you went to htc website and did there method then you don't have root. You only have a unlocked bootloader which is the start of the process then you would need to flash a custom recovery.Then you could flash a rom. As far as radio there would be no need to update radio cause you had to be on the most recent to use their bootloader unlocker.

Indeed!