Rooting with Mac and stuck, please Help!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So i am following this guide

And i am stuck on the Mac terminal part, I have put the folder in my desktop but when i type; cd /rootevo3dnew it says -bash: cd: /rootevo3dnew: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
So i am following this guide

And i am stuck on the Mac terminal part, I have put the folder in my desktop but when i type; cd /rootevo3dnew it says -bash: cd: /rootevo3dnew: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

What you are doing wrong is using the Mac OS. :p j/k

What that command is saying is that the folder doesn't exist. You need to find out where that folder is located. Make sure that is the actual location of the folder. It may seem that it is in the root directory (which is what you are trying to access with that command) but could be in a parent directory. For example, when you create a folder on the desktop, it will go into the /(drive that is mounted or home directory)/(username of person logged in)/Desktop/rootevo3dnew
Also, try it without the "/" in front of the "rootevo3dnew" as the file system may not recognize it as a directory... So, your command would look like this: cd rootevo3dnew
Those are the two things off the top of my head that could be possibilities. More likely, it's the first solution, but let me know if either work for you! :)

EDIT: After reading your OP again, I realized that the statement in bold IS your issue. You are executing a command from the root directory that is looking for the folder in the root (home, main) drive and it's not there. The folder is in your Desktop folder... as you stated yourself above.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply I will try it again today! And yea what you're saying makes sense.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois