Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrun
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Miui

Default Android Market 3.1.5 available

The OP doesn't know whats new about it, i'm gonna try installing now and see if i notice anything.

EVO3D - Miui
    Thanked by 2:
    iammacgyver likes this.

ROM
    Team-Nocturnal

Default Re: Android Market 3.1.5 available

I wonder whats new.
    Thanked by:
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Maybe its stable, lol

Donations are accepted but not expected!

Installed. Nothing big yet.

Is this only for the evo 3D? Or can be installed on any other phone?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% Stock

anything new?

I just checked my Atrix, and it already had 3.1.5 installed. I did notice that I now have an option in settings to set and use a PIN for app store purchases. I know that wasn't there last week, so maybe my app store upgraded after a recent reboot.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I feel like these categories are new, but not sure. Did we have these before?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    - Grant Heppes www.GrantHeppes.com www.about.me/GrantHeppes
    Thank me if I helped you please. Google+ Me http://www.gplus.to/GrantHeppes

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% Stock

Quote Originally Posted by grantheppes View Post
    I feel like these categories are new, but not sure. Did we have these before?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    nope those were already there

ROM
    Team-Nocturnal

Well idk whats different but i was having issues downloading and updating apps before so maybe this fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical View Post
    Well idk whats different but i was having issues downloading and updating apps before so maybe this fixed that.
    I always had problems updating apps too. Damn glitch. Hopefully it fixed that.

im still on version 2.3.6

how do you update the market? because in the market it shows no update for the market. and i feel funny downloading an apk off web to update such things. is there no on board updater? if so please explain, from what i see i have to download one from the web. mine has yet to update itself or even show an update.. im still running the basic one, the one that doesnt have pictures and tiles.. just a list of apps

The 'my apps' list now has sections for 'updates' and 'manual updates' separately. I think that's new

I didn't even have to install this. I was wondering why the makret looked slightly different, so when I check it I was running 3.1.5, so I guess it updated itself.

has anyone got the new android market on the evo 3d?? mine is still on the same ol market and i was wondering when and if i would get it without having to manually download it.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by jsong121 View Post
    has anyone got the new android market on the evo 3d?? mine is still on the same ol market and i was wondering when and if i would get it without having to manually download it.
    Mine updated this morning. Just happened to notice the "Lookout is scanning Market" after updating a couple of apps. They frequently roll stuff like this out by region, though. You'll probably get it sometime tonight or tomorrow. Still got my old Evo 4G, too, and it just got the update a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadcastJunkie View Post
    how do you update the market? because in the market it shows no update for the market. and i feel funny downloading an apk off web to update such things. is there no on board updater? if so please explain, from what i see i have to download one from the web. mine has yet to update itself or even show an update.. im still running the basic one, the one that doesnt have pictures and tiles.. just a list of apps
    The Market app updates itself automatically. It will usually happen after a reboot or after you manually launch it the first time after the update is available for your phone. You don't get the normal "X has been installed" notification when the market updates, though, so you won't always notice.

First question that comes to mind (assuming you've got an Evo3D, since this is the Evo3D forum ) is what country are you in. These things are often limited to just the US or North America at first. It might just be that the Market update hasn't hit your part of the country, yet, if you are in North America.

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

You can't bill books to your account anymore. I know that much.

I have downloaded and installed the new Android market. And I'm liking so far.

They've added pin controls....

Do you have to have updated Adobe Flash and Air and Reader to get the update? I still have Adobe Flash 10.1

The Market needs a catagory for NEW APPS. I Get si tired of looking at the same odd FEATURED APPS trying to see what is NEW. It is not fair to the new developers either. Their great new program gets lost in the noise!

Also the SEARCH Feature could use some work! A search for anything gets you so much unrelated junk and FEATURED ITEMS!

PLEASE FIX THIS

Quote Originally Posted by extraclass View Post
    The Market needs a catagory for NEW APPS. I Get si tired of looking at the same odd FEATURED APPS trying to see what is NEW. It is not fair to the new developers either. Their great new program gets lost in the noise!

Also the SEARCH Feature could use some work! A search for anything gets you so much unrelated junk and FEATURED ITEMS!

PLEASE FIX THIS
    You should install an app called App brain. This will give you a list of favorite and new apps available on the market.