Got it, but I'm still a noob(Hold My Hand 2: The Re-Holdening)

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks to the patience and kindness of scrosler and especially newboyx, I now have TWRP recovery 1.1.1 and cleanROM 2.6 running on my phone. Just wanted to give my first impressions, and ask e few more questions.

The ROM looks gorgeous, and is very intuitive. I like the added camera features and the expanded power menu. WiFi tether is awesome.

Played 3 of my 4 games so far. N.O.V.A. seems a little laggy sometimes, but it was before. N.O.V.A. 2 runs flawlessly. Assassin's Creed runs fine, but now, messages like SUCCESS! which flashed across the screen before are now replaced with blank banners. May not even be related to the ROM, just a download issue or something, I dunno. Have yet to play Asphalt 6, And I removed the previous gameloft and doewnloaded games folders entirely before re-downloading them to the new ROM.

Battery life is impressive, and much improved. I have been posting a little about that in the cleanROM thread, no need to repeat it here.

Are there any apps I should download that will help me maximize the ROM? Maintain it?

How will updates to the ROM be handled? Will I lose all of my saved data(games, apps)and have to start over every time I update the ROM?

Any advice for a custom ROM noob?

Lemme know, thanks....

jhentges

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got it, but I'm still a noob(Hold My Hand 2: The Re-Holdening

Hey man i think your in the clear as far as your games go worst case scenario move them to your sd card, should be all set. I had NOVA, Final Fantasy 7 and tactics moved to sd card before rooting and flashing, and updating all intact afterwords... :) Oh and thanks for your help earlier on Scott's website!

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey man i think your in the clear as far as your games go worst case scenario move them to your sd card, should be all set. I had NOVA, Final Fantasy 7 and tactics moved to sd card before rooting and flashing, and updating all intact afterwords... :) Oh and thanks for your help earlier on Scott's website!
No sweat, man. Us noobs gotta stick together...

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Always back up everything twice then again.... data and everything.. only restore Apps without data at first when on a newly flashed rom, data restoring could cause problems and force closes...

Power to the noobs!

Sent from my clean sharp shooter

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Always back up everything twice then again.... data and everything.. only restore Apps without data at first when on a newly flashed rom, data restoring could cause problems and force closes...

Power to the noobs!

Sent from my clean sharp shooter

Well, I just backed up my stock stuff. Put the backup on my PC, then re-installed the apps from the market and from Gameloft after I flashed cleanROM. Will I be OK?

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Depends on a lot of stuff.
Have you made a nandroid back up?
A titanium back up? (Of all data and apps)
Get into recovery and Mark a nandroid back up.
That saves it to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
Will be in 10.20.12 format
Then to titanium.
Press menu>batch> back up all system data and apps
Let it do its thing
This is now saved as
sdcard/titaniumbackup
Then connect phone to pc and back up the entire SD card. This will keep your backups safe.

Not all games are made the same. I play a game called parallel kingdom the game is all saved server side. So it doesn't matter what device or if I delete or something to the app, my saved game is on their end of the table.. games like 9mm on the other hand might not "restore" properly. Just gotta see how it goes.

Sent from my clean Shooter

Reactions: jsorryman

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got it, but I'm still a noob(Hold My Hand 2: The Re-Holdening

Depends on a lot of stuff.
Have you made a nandroid back up?
A titanium back up? (Of all data and apps)
Get into recovery and Mark a nandroid back up.
That saves it to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
Will be in 10.20.12 format
Then to titanium.
Press menu>batch> back up all system data and apps
Let it do its thing
This is now saved as
sdcard/titaniumbackup
Then connect phone to pc and back up the entire SD card. This will keep your backups safe.

Not all games are made the same. I play a game called parallel kingdom the game is all saved server side. So it doesn't matter what device or if I delete or something to the app, my saved game is on their end of the table.. games like 9mm on the other hand might not "restore" properly. Just gotta see how it goes.

Sent from my clean Shooter

Actually, I had factory reset before I rooted, so I had to reinstall. But thank you for your advice, man. Bad on me for being so hasty. I made a nandroid backup of my phone via TWRP before flashing the new ROM/kernel. Do I need to install titanium and do one of those? If so, why? Any other apps you recommend for maintaining/maximizing the ROM?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance