kernel calamity

jerkyxiii

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys a little help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on hboot 1.4 and rooted using revolutionary. So far all root access seems to work fine. Im on the stock Tom and have been looking for a kernel with oc capabilities net filters for tether and if possible a fix for the crap wifi reception. I tried flashing tiamats sense kernel last night using cwm. It said successful but when using the latest version of setcpu and the auto detect it would show the steps for oc. I put it to charge next to me and dwell asleep. Woke up a little while later to a scalding phone 114 f. I changed the kernel to the mild anthrax stock oc kernel and still setcpu doesn't show any steps beyond stock but it does seem to have fixed my burning phone. I come from an of evo where I was able to do everything through cwm don't know if there is a step I'm missing. Btw I did search for possible fixes before posting came up dry. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Why not flash a custom ROM with an OC kernel already built in? Check out CleanROM2.7 or CleanROM DE. They provide a stock feel with all the crap taken out and runs fast, stable and great battery life. Worth checking out.

jerkyxiii

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been hesitant to flash a whole new rom because in my experience with the og evo I alsways had an issue with the modified sense roms. I left the evo running decks aosp and loved it. I was hoping to stay on the stock rom with a modied kernel till cm7/8 was properly ported with 3d function. I know i shouldn't hold my breath on that last part but a boy can dream. Also now I just noticed that wifi is giving me an error. Any ideas would be great maybe kernel suggestions. All else fails I'll try the clean rom.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been hesitant to flash a whole new rom because in my experience with the og evo I alsways had an issue with the modified sense roms. I left the evo running decks aosp and loved it. I was hoping to stay on the stock rom with a modied kernel till cm7/8 was properly ported with 3d function. I know i shouldn't hold my breath on that last part but a boy can dream. Also now I just noticed that wifi is giving me an error. Any ideas would be great maybe kernel suggestions. All else fails I'll try the clean rom.

Take a look at SenselessROM by Scott. He has stripped away as much sense as possible. You can't compare OG Evo roms to 3D roms as they are completely different. You can always nandroid back if you don't like. Why not try either CleanROM or Senseless? You might just love it. :cool:

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Bad downlaods and flashes happen often, if at first it fails or messes something up, simply delete the original download and start over.
Revert to a nandroid back up if need be,

And cleanrom is just that a really cleaned up version of the stock ROM, with some cool stuff added in,

Image GUI an app found on xda is a great lil tool to flash kernals right from normal android mode,

And it sounds like you were overclocked with the screen off, when your were "cooking your phone" and at 114 degrees I assure you this isn't that hot, my 3vo starts acting funny at 130ish degrees. I heated it up as a stress test oc and set to performance governor, and plugged in...

And you use setcpu... Yea get rid of that, its been reported this causes issues with our dual core processors and how they are set up. I suggest system tuner pro, that's what i use anyways even has a simple setting to force the second CPU online.

Shot from my shooter in 3D
injected with cleanrom2.8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12