successfully rooted...now what? (how to flash a rom)

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
i succesfully rooted with the HTC method for hboot 1.5. I have the superuser icon. I am happy with sense and most of my phone, but I am looking for the wifi hotspot, to get rid of some of the bloatware so it seems like Clean Rom is my best bet. if you have any other suggestions feel free to list them. Now this is where I get confused and I have been reading for the past 4 hours with minimal progress.

All this stuff is overwelming me I should probably just take a break and come back. Titanium Backup, Nandroid Backup, Rom manager, recovery mode, kernels....my head is going to explode.
Yes I realize I should make a backup in case I mess something up. How do i do that? How do i actually flash the Clean Rom because there are some threads that say hboot 1.5 requires an extra step, some threads saying ill lose wifi or 4g...so many variables i cant decipher what to do next. arggggh

Can anyone gimme a quick "idiots guide to what to do next" so i dont accidently brick my phone.

Last edited:

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i succesfully rooted with the HTC method for hboot 1.5. I have the superuser icon. I am happy with sense and most of my phone, but I am looking for the wifi hotspot, to get rid of some of the bloatware so it seems like Clean Rom is my best bet. if you have any other suggestions feel free to list them. Now this is where I get confused and I have been reading for the past 4 hours with minimal progress.

All this stuff is overwelming me I should probably just take a break and come back. Titanium Backup, Nandroid Backup, Rom manager, recovery mode, kernels....my head is going to explode.
Yes I realize I should make a backup in case I mess something up. How do i do that? How do i actually flash the Clean Rom because there are some threads that say hboot 1.5 requires an extra step, some threads saying ill lose wifi or 4g...so many variables i cant decipher what to do next. arggggh

Can anyone gimme a quick "idiots guide to what to do next" so i dont accidently brick my phone.

You will love Scotts CleanROM. Fast, stable and great battery life. Here is a link to his instructions for flashing on 1.5. Scott's ROMS - [Issue!] - Tether not working :(!

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
so i did cleanrom, wifi tether is working which was my main goal, but does he underclock the processors? My phone seems SLOWER now. it has never froze but occasionally it gets hung up and ill have to touch the home button several times and or wait 3 seconds before it decides to actually go home.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
so i did cleanrom, wifi tether is working which was my main goal, but does he underclock the processors? My phone seems SLOWER now. it has never froze but occasionally it gets hung up and ill have to touch the home button several times and or wait 3 seconds before it decides to actually go home.

Which version of CleanROM did you flash?

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Which version of CleanROM did you flash?
well i just posted in the clean rom thread and saw that he released an update today and i had questions about how to download it, but i am currently on clean rom 2.7.

p.s., i did not do a full wipe before flashing clean rom, from what i gathered reading threads this step is kind of debatable and figuring that since i am coming from stock then i wouldnt need to do it. I can see the point if your coming from another rom from another developer, but i did not do a full wipe. correct me if my reasoning is flawed or you know differently.

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
aight now im just confused, i went to scottsrom and followed his guide how to update. in the ROMupdater app it says i can download either the new kernel or cleanrom2.8. isnt cleanrom2.8 using the new mwalt kernel ? or do you have the option of updating to the mwalt kernel only and not installing cleanrom 2.8 thats why there are 2 seperate files? sorry im a noob, go easy on me

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
CleanROM 2.8 has a new kernel that doesn't allow for overclocking. The mwalt kernel is available for download for those that want to overclock.

Dirty1

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 2.7 as well of Clean Rom, my question is for upgrading to 2.8. I will need to use rom updater to download rom then flash using TWRP after wiping it? Please correct me if I left something out

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 2.7 as well of Clean Rom, my question is for upgrading to 2.8. I will need to use rom updater to download rom then flash using TWRP after wiping it? Please correct me if I left something out
Are you HBOOT 1.40 or 1.5?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital