I cant do the update after s-off hboot 1.5 free wifi tether

mark1107

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I really could use help. I get errored out everytime I try to do the update on my 3d evo with hboot 1.5 s-off rooted with superuser permissions and the free wifi tether activated on the 3d evo.

Do I need to take s-off out or unactivate it so I can do the updates? What's causing me to get the little android red arrow with a circle error symbol everytime I try to do the latest 3d evo upgrade?

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to apply an OTA (Over the Air) update while rooted? If so, it is the rule of thumb not to accept OTA updates when rooted. That is why you can't apply the updates.

Reactions: mark1107

mark1107

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm trying to do the latest security hole plugged OTA and it fails...I guess since I'm rooted there are no more updates on my dance card...

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm trying to do the latest security hole plugged OTA and it fails...I guess since I'm rooted there are no more updates on my dance card...

Actually there are! You can flash the updated stock ROM. I am going to have to get ready to go to work or I would look for a link but I believe someone posted it here not long ago. I was on the rooted stock ROM until a couple of weeks ago when I went to CleanROM, which I highly recommend by the way :)

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you are interested in CleanROM, look at the last post in the CleanROM 2.8 thread. Tommy has a link to the instructions on how he flashed and he is on hboot 1.5. Good luck!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No I dont have a custom recovery...

Oh, so basically at this point you have just unlocked. I was thinking you had a recovery as well. I should have asked that question! One should never assume anything! :) I'll leave you in the hands of the members who are experienced with the HTC method. I unlocked using Revolutionary and am not familiar with the hboot 1.5 methods, or at least not familiar enough to be able to be much assistance.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
No I dont have a custom recovery...

I hate to ask but are you sure you don't have a custom recovery? Did you ever install TWRP or clockwork? Sorry if it seems like I am questioning you but with my experience you can install the OTA with s-off and a stock recovery. This latest update might be different but that is how it worked in the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon