Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

Quote Originally Posted by keronlezama View Post
    Ok so I finally woke up and got into recovery mode. Having experience rooting my old EVO 4g I knew what to do from then. But looking for the senless ROM i couldn't find it in the folder.
    Q: was I suppose to extract the senseless ROM folder into the phone or just copy it their.
    Q: is there a specific name that its under.
    Side note: I installed superuser and titanium backup but still says no Su privilege. Is it cuz its rooted HTC method?
    The Rom install will install SU
    No you do not extract the Rom
    If you placed your Rom on the root of your SD card as per the instructions, it should be on the root of your card. It would then be the exact same name that it is on your PC where you downloaded it to. Should be called Senselessrom...

On a side note... the directions tell you to download CleanRom. If you decided to get Senseless instead, that is no problem, but if you did grab CleanRom then you are looking for the CleanRom file.
    Thanked by 2:

Root bliss a success!! just wanted to say thank you guys very much for your help and patience. got it working yesterday. last question is how would i go about updating my senseless rom?

do i use the updater app on the phone or download the zip and flash again?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Root bliss a success!! just wanted to say thank you guys very much for your help and patience. got it working yesterday. last question is how would i go about updating my senseless rom?

do i use the updater app on the phone or download the zip and flash again?
    Yes, the Rom Updater in the phone will download it to your senseless folder on your phone. It will say something like "unable to flash from phone, save and flash manually?)

Then all you do is connect your phone to your PC, run the CMD instructions again to boot phone into recovery, and direct your phone to the rom update (Senseless folder). No need to clear cash or anything like that. Updates are WAY easier!

Update instructions are in the first thread at the end of the instructions.

Hey tommy I pm you if you get a chance please reply

Quote Originally Posted by tommymsw View Post
    Yes, the Rom Updater in the phone will download it to your senseless folder on your phone. It will say something like "unable to flash from phone, save and flash manually?)

Then all you do is connect your phone to your PC, run the CMD instructions again to boot phone into recovery, and direct your phone to the rom update (Senseless folder). No need to clear cash or anything like that. Updates are WAY easier!

Update instructions are in the first thread at the end of the instructions.
    hey tommy, bro i just wanted to say that you and everybody else on this forum is the truth. i rooted, flashed a new rom and fell in love with my evo again. screw sense and their memory hogging . i think my last and final question is where can i find a decent kernel? i did some searching and i saw Zedeomax on youtube using the synergy kernel. but a lot of responses said that it broke 4g and wifi.
    what do you recomend?
    im on hboot 1.50

thanks again man.

hey tommy, bro i just wanted to say that you and everybody else on this forum is the truth. i rooted, flashed a new rom and fell in love with my evo again. screw sense and their memory hogging . i think my last and final question is where can i find a decent kernel? i did some searching and i saw Zedeomax on youtube using the synergy kernel. but a lot of responses said that it broke 4g and wifi.
    what do you recomend?
    im on hboot 1.50

thanks again man.
    I'm glad everything is working out for you. The SenselessROM and CleanROM are superb ROMs. I used the kernel that was included with my installation of CleanROM. It does not break 4G or WiFi.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Same here... the Rom installed the kernel that the Rom developer thought was the best. I am inclined to trust his judgement so I have not messed around with it. I believe the Rom may be developed with this kernel in mind so another kernel may not function as well with this Rom? I'm just guessing though.

quick question, ive done all this and succesfully flashed ROMS before, but its been so long since the original unlock that i forget. do i need to do steps 6 and 7 again to flash a new rom (example clean rom 2.8 to 2.9.5)...

6. Open the command prompt on your PC (press START and type cmd) In the command window, type: \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and press enter.

cause i can just boot into TWRP without being connected to my computer and choose to install .zip from there? i havent done it yet like that but i dont know why it wouldnt work. maybe i should just try and see what happens.

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by CMILD561 View Post
    quick question, ive done all this and succesfully flashed ROMS before, but its been so long since the original unlock that i forget. do i need to do steps 6 and 7 again to flash a new rom (example clean rom 2.8 to 2.9.5)...

6. Open the command prompt on your PC (press START and type cmd) In the command window, type: \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and press enter.

cause i can just boot into TWRP without being connected to my computer and choose to install .zip from there? i havent done it yet like that but i dont know why it wouldnt work. maybe i should just try and see what happens.
    Booting directly into twrp won't flash the kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by newboyx View Post
    Booting directly into twrp won't flash the kernel.
    well i was bored this morning and decided to try it, just booted my phone into TWRP from the main screen, wiped everything, and flashed 2.9.5 and no problems yet.

but your saying flashing a kernel, which is something different from a ROM, cannot be done like how i just did it? ive never flashed a kernel before so i dont know

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by CMILD561 View Post
    well i was bored this morning and decided to try it, just booted my phone into TWRP from the main screen, wiped everything, and flashed 2.9.5 and no problems yet.

but your saying flashing a kernel, which is something different from a ROM, cannot be done like how i just did it? ive never flashed a kernel before so i dont know
    The kernel is included in the rom. If the rom you are flashing has the same kernel as your previous rom there "should" be no issues.

Sweet! Thank you!

ok folks im really missing something here when i get to step 7 all i get is

C:\rootevo3dnew>fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img
    downloading 'boot.img'...

and it just get stuck there so if anyone has had this problem please advise me thanks
    and by the way the only indication that i got after unlocking the phone is "unlocked" in red on top
    MrMrishere likes this.

this is rooting this is just unlocking the phone I can't wait until someone comes up with the s-off so i can root my phone and get total access to it. such as speeds of cpu and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMrishere View Post
    this is rooting this is just unlocking the phone I can't wait until someone comes up with the s-off so i can root my phone and get total access to it. such as speeds of cpu and many others.
    im a newb but forgive me if im wrong..you can do all that. S-off/on is just an arbitrary label. All it means is you have to jump through an extra hoop since your 1.5.

wait, were you being sarcastic?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Quote Originally Posted by MrMrishere View Post
    Yes... agree with above post. You can do anything including cpu speed with this method.

hey tommy ur the man, by the way i figured out my problem for not being able to flash it turns out easy tether app running on my pc was holding it back

Now the only problem I'm having is wifi tether never connects to my devices
    Last edited by taztaz8380; 12-17-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Thanked by:

Can anyone tell me if I just do the HTC unlock and do not flash a new ROM right away. Will it enable me to use my hotspot. Or do I have to flash a new ROM first?

did not work
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by irina124 View Post
    did not work
    What did not work? Are you talking about flashing the ROM? Because THAT obviously works as you can see by others.

You must have missed something somewhere, if you tell your problems, we can help you find the mistake.

Hey is right listen and do as he says

Wink Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

The whole process worked for me! Thnaks a lot, my Evo is much nice now. Nice work!
    Thanked by:

has anyone tried flashing ICS rom?

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Yes.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast