Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree22Likes

Default Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

Quote Originally Posted by flat.line.ride View Post
    grrr!!! phone still locked this is what the cmd prompt says

c:/android>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
    sending ' unlocktoken'<0 kb>...
    OKAY [ 0.152s]
    writing 'unlocktoken'...
    <bootloader> unlock token check successfully
    OKAY [ 0.006S]
    finished. total time: 0.160s

what am i doing wrong?? phone still reading locked
    Not sure but maybe this post is helpful? Until you see the screen on your EVO that says you've unlocked the bootloader, all looks well but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.
    Thanked by:
    flat.line.ride likes this.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

What app should I use to back up all the stuff on my phone before running through this unlocking/rooting process?
    callieluv27 likes this.

Followed all instructions on HTC 3D 1.5 and it gets stuck in boot cycle showing "CLEAN ROM" and never finishing boot. I have since tried other ROMs and I they say successful, but "CLEAN ROM" boot screen still comes up and never finishes. How can I get something, anything to boot?

Quote Originally Posted by beefncheese View Post
    Hey guys, new user here. I did this and I'm stuck in a boot loop! Please help cuz now I'm out a phone. I've tried everything I could possibly find in any forum or site. Please help
    Mines running in same thing, took awhile for it to load up, said it was updating android optimization (around 184 objects) than all it does is start up with clean rom boot screen, and than restarts. Everything went well, used CleanROM ICS rc2 as the clean rom candidate

using this method, can I flash meanrom2.4 ICS to my sprint evo 3d with s-on on a rooted 2.17... I've read going to 4.0 from 2.3 with s on doesn't work cause the kernel is different. But you say your way can flash new kernels.

just wondering if I need to do the wire trick or not to run 4.0 and 4.1 in the future. thanks

*** I ended up using 4ext recovery to flash ICS without a hitch S-ON HBOOT 1.5

*This was much easier than it looks. Thanks! your step by step is well done... and HTC's sucks.
    Last edited by IntensWetDreams; 07-12-2012 at 03:34 AM.

I had the same exact problem, I fixed the problem by updating to the ruu file. Once I was updated with ruu file, I was able to run the script and I was prompted to unlock my 3d evo (HTC Method).. Now I need help to flash a custom ROM.

tommymsw, you one cool guy!!
    much respect!!! The Guide was excellent!!!

Default Your the man!

Thank you for this great post!!!!! So much easier than any other root method!!!!!

I am stuck with dcup and nicx, i went through all the work to unlock my boot loader, and am too much of a n00b to do any thing with it. It just sticks in a boot loop. any help?

evo shooter, unlocked bootloader, s-on, hboot 1.5,

hi i was able to succefully do all the steps above my only question i have is that wifi teather seems to not really "work" it just stays on a pop up that says starting wifi service and dosent do anything else SU doesnt even ask to give it permission and i have confirmed that SU does work and gives acess with other apps that have to have root ans SU any ideas??

I am having a pain in the *** time with this. I have been trying to correct my phone for about 3 months now. My phone has the dev tool kit installed and I can tether, but for some reason I have Shooter XC Ship s-on RL still. I have gone through trying to unlock it by completing the htc dev unlock again, but it is still s-on, and when I run the fastboot to install a new rom I get error "FAILED <remote: not allowed>

Any suggestions?

Unlocking bootloader does not take s off. U have to do the wire trick

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789