Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
well i was bored this morning and decided to try it, just booted my phone into TWRP from the main screen, wiped everything, and flashed 2.9.5 and no problems yet.

but your saying flashing a kernel, which is something different from a ROM, cannot be done like how i just did it? ive never flashed a kernel before so i dont know

The kernel is included in the rom. If the rom you are flashing has the same kernel as your previous rom there "should" be no issues.

taztaz8380

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

ok folks im really missing something here when i get to step 7 all i get is

C:\rootevo3dnew>fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img
downloading 'boot.img'...

and it just get stuck there so if anyone has had this problem please advise me thanks
and by the way the only indication that i got after unlocking the phone is "unlocked" in red on top

MrMrishere

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

this is rooting this is just unlocking the phone I can't wait until someone comes up with the s-off so i can root my phone and get total access to it. such as speeds of cpu and many others.:-!

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

this is rooting this is just unlocking the phone I can't wait until someone comes up with the s-off so i can root my phone and get total access to it. such as speeds of cpu and many others.:-!

im a newb but forgive me if im wrong..you can do all that. S-off/on is just an arbitrary label. All it means is you have to jump through an extra hoop since your 1.5.

wait, were you being sarcastic?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes... agree with above post. You can do anything including cpu speed with this method.

taztaz8380

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

hey tommy ur the man, by the way i figured out my problem for not being able to flash it turns out easy tether app running on my pc was holding it back

taztaz8380

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Now the only problem I'm having is wifi tether never connects to my devices

Last edited:
Reactions: ltmadsen

ltmadsen

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone tell me if I just do the HTC unlock and do not flash a new ROM right away. Will it enable me to use my hotspot. Or do I have to flash a new ROM first?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

did not work

What did not work? Are you talking about flashing the ROM? Because THAT obviously works as you can see by others. :)

You must have missed something somewhere, if you tell your problems, we can help you find the mistake.

smithe68

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

First I want to say thanks for getting this all together, it worked flawlessly for getting up and going. I used CleanRom, which is great except, I can't get the wifi tether to work fully. I can get devices to connect, but never get internet access. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

almt121294

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I DID EVERYTHING WORKED MARVELOUS....INSTALLED CLEAN ROM NOW IM TRYING TO INSTALL NEW ROM AND AT STEP 3 WHEN I TYPE fastboot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img nothing happens! what do i do?? please help me !!!:'(

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I DID EVERYTHING WORKED MARVELOUS....INSTALLED CLEAN ROM NOW IM TRYING TO INSTALL NEW ROM AND AT STEP 3 WHEN I TYPE fastboot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img nothing happens! what do i do?? please help me !!!:'(

You don't need to flash a new recovery everytime you flash a ROM.

Try "fastboot boot recovery"

taztaz8380

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

Hey smith I had the same problem and it turned to be a check in one of the settings for wifi tether I believe it was something about routing fix. If not try another setting, good luck

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com

Ok. I finally took the leap and I'm rooted, running clean ROM.

Couple of questions. How do I flash a new ROM? Is it as simple as holding the volume down button and pressing the power button then flash a new ROM? Am I able to flash a new ROM over top of cleanROM which I am currently running or do i need to remove cleanROM?

Also when I flashed clean ROM my apps didn't uninstall. I lost all my texts and stuff but my apps were still on the phone. Why'd this happen. Weren't all my apps supposed to be deleted?

Last question, how does twrp backup work? Do I need to backup everytime I install a new rom? If so, I have no clue how to use it.

Thanks all. This turned out to be super easy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze