1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What to and what Not To update when Rooted

I wanted to culminate and have in a sole thread the things that can be updated and what you cant update when you are rooted and running a custom rom. I am coming from a Pre and have preware on the phone and the phone didnt seem to get damaged when i updated it using tweaks and hacks on it. Now that i upgraded to an android and have rooted it and am running cleanrom 2.8, i just want to know if i can update my apps the prl and profile. I am also unclear what happens when sprint pushes out an update for the phone, do i wait until the rom gets updated with compliance with the update?

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Default Re: What to and what Not To update when Rooted

PRL = OK
    Profile = OK
    All market applications = OK

Most custom ROMs (including CleanROM) disable the ability to have software updates pushed to the phone. Sprint still has the ability to update network settings for your phone. Network updates should not effect root.
    After most updates the ROM developers will roll those updates into the next version of their ROM. Timelines vary for each developer. Scott is usually pretty fast with the CleanROM series, usually within 2 or 3 days. Don't hold me to that, every update is different.

Default Re: What to and what Not To update when Rooted

someone just got the same questions in the back of their head as me? I think I was reading another thread that someone was complaining about 3g speeds and the suggestion was to update prl. I was just about to ask this myself.

so no software update or firmware update? Everything else is ok?