Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default warrenty after htc unlock method

my question is has any one ever gotten their phone warrentied after the htc method.

Default Re: warrenty after htc unlock method

I used the HTC unlock on my first Evo 3D, it would restart one to three times a day at random before the unlock and after the unlock and it came with a stuck pixel that was unfixable and eventually I took it out of my pocket and it was off and I had to pull the battery to get it to do anything then it was stuck in a boot loop and so I took it in and just said that it wouldn't turn on and explained that it would reboot everyday since I had it, they tried to do a bunch of resets and stuff and they couldn't get it to work so they just replaced it under warranty and didn't mention anything about rooting or unlocking. Sprints/HTC are good companies. but maybe I just got lucky. The new Evo 3D hasn't had a single problem with it, I unlocked the new one right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzix View Post
    I used the HTC unlock on my first Evo 3D, it would restart one to three times a day at random before the unlock and after the unlock and it came with a stuck pixel that was unfixable and eventually I took it out of my pocket and it was off and I had to pull the battery to get it to do anything then it was stuck in a boot loop and so I took it in and just said that it wouldn't turn on and explained that it would reboot everyday since I had it, they tried to do a bunch of resets and stuff and they couldn't get it to work so they just replaced it under warranty and didn't mention anything about rooting or unlocking. Sprints/HTC are good companies. but maybe I just got lucky. The new Evo 3D hasn't had a single problem with it, I unlocked the new one right away.
    Did you get it warrantied by Sprint or by HTC?

Sprint.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzix View Post
    Sprint.
    That's what I figured. I wonder what would happen if you warrantied it with HTC, rather than Sprint. That's the real question.