Need help unrooting my phone

lpcman0948

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I've tried to read through a bunch of threads, but I just can't seem to find exactly what I need. I am by far not a developer, though I like to find and apply as many tweaks as possible...So here is my issue. I have an Evo 3d that I rooted, via this method (which from what I understand is the HTC Method):

How to Root Evo 3D on Win/Mac/Linux! [NEW][HTC METHOD] - YouTube

Fortunately, it did work, in that I am able to get WiFi Tethering now...HOWEVER, I am now trying to unroot my phone.

For some reason, after completing all of the steps from the video (at least to the best of my ability), I am left with my phone (in bootloader) saying this:

***UNLOCKED***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot
Aug 7 2011, 10:21:40

When I attempt to install a ROM, this is what I get:

-First I hit install file from SD card....choose zip....etc.

Then it says:

Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4
-- Installing: /sdcard/....zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: Can't open /sdcard/......zip
(bad)
Installation Aborted

PLEEEEASE HELP....

I'm assuming that whatever is hindering me from downloading kernals/roms, is stopping me from using the PG86IMG.zip to do a factory restore...

I'm also assuming that the S-ON is what is preventing me. Is there a way to turn S-OFF after already rooting via the method above? The video said that I would still be able to install custom roms, the person even shows us that it works, I just have no luck (unless I'm supposed to rename the file?)

Blessings!!!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I apologize in advance because I am rooted via Revolutionary so I don't know much about the hboot 1.5 unlocking and rooting through HTC. However, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you have to use fastboot through your pc and get to recovery that way if you used the HTC method. If you are trying to flash directly using recovery on your phone I don't think it will work. Your post doesn't indicate whether you are using fastboot or not but I thought I'd throw that out there. I wish I could help, but I haven't done anything myself with hboot 1.5, just read about it. Good luck, and hopefully someone who has been through it will chime in :)

EDIT: This may help you. It is a link from xda about an app called Flash Image GUI.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=16129916#post16129916

Last edited:

lpcman0948

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
@CarrieK

Thank you so much for your willingness to help...Thank God, I was actually able to FINALLY track down a video that FINALLY worked for me....*wiping the sweat off of my head*....I'm not too good at all of this stuff, even though I try to think I am :p The HTC Method was the only one I found because I was attempting to root using my Mac, I know, I know, my Mac. :) Anyhow, here is the link to the video I watched and it did work!!!

How to unroot HTC EVO 3d ON hboot 1.50 on 2.3.4 and lock bootloader - YouTube

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci