• 1 Post By cloak.n.dagger
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Default TWRP 2.0 is out!

Full touchscreen GUI!
    Backups use both cores for faster backups.
    Much more.

Default Re: TWRP 2.0 is out!

All I can say is "Wow!" Very impressive!
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Can we just install this over the old version?

Yes, just follow the directions in the link. I did move it to the root of the sd card. Worked perfectly.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieK View Post
    Yes, just follow the directions in the link. I did move it to the root of the sd card. Worked perfectly.
    Cool, thanks. Trying it now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

keep in mind that backups from prior versions are not restorable in the new version.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Cool, thanks. Trying it now.
    Working great! I'm impressed.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newboyx View Post
    keep in mind that backups from prior versions are not restorable in the new version.
    I kind of figured that. I'm doing a new backup now. Definitely seems to be going faster than before.

Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I kind of figured that. I'm doing a new backup now. Definitely seems to be going faster than before.
    Me too. Did a backup first thing. I have a lot of apps and it only took about five minutes. This is great. Lol, did I say, "Wow!"

I just installed via the recovery method ... looked like things went well... but where is the app? How do I use it.... it's NOT obvious if the install worked like it appeared to...

edit: Found it
    Last edited by 3dognate; 12-18-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Nevermind... I found it..

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3dognate View Post
    I just installed via the recovery method ... looked like things went well... but where is the app? How do I use it.... it's NOT obvious if the install worked like it appeared to...

edit: Found it
    Glad you found it... But for others who ask, this isn't an app you launch from the app drawer. You need to boot into Recovery.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 2.9.5

it's so much faster at creating backups with compression enabled, thumbs up!

So Ok, I get it that I can use it to backup and restore a current configuration. System / apps etc...

Am I missing other usefullness? Is it possible to backup, flash a new ROM and restore apps and settings via TWRP?

I''d love to be able to flash a ROM and not have to install app after app after app... setup accounts etc...

(I just tried out Senseless for my first alternate OS version.. So I'm a noob.)

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Just as an FYI for all of you with hboot 1.5, I used the Flash Image GUI app to install TWRP2 and it worked perfectly. To answer some of the other questions here, TWRP2 is a recovery tool, which is used to install ROMs and Kernels and make backups of your current ROMs and apps. It doesn't do anything different than TWPR1, it's just a new interface. This is the first recovery interface that uses touch input for selcting your options. All other recovery tools used the volume up/down rocker along with the PWR button to make selections from the menus. I hope this help to clarify things. Happy flashing!
    Last edited by cloak.n.dagger; 12-19-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
    CarrieK likes this.

So if I backup my current ROM and apps.... and I install another ROM. I cannot restore my apps? I can only restore a previous ROM and apps. There's no mechanism to restore my previous apps to a new ROM..

Did I get that correct? What the heck to folks that flash ROMs like crazy do to keep from having to reinstall thier apps? That's a pain in the ****...

So if I backup my current ROM and apps.... and I install another ROM. I cannot restore my apps? I can only restore a previous ROM and apps. There's no mechanism to restore my previous apps to a new ROM..

Did I get that correct? What the heck to folks that flash ROMs like crazy do to keep from having to reinstall thier apps? That's a pain in the ****...
    Once you are rooted, download Titanium Backup from the Market. You can back up your apps in batches, and choose whether or not to include app data or not. Your contacts will be stored with Google if you have your account set up that way. Anyway, once you flash your new ROM, re-download Titanium Backup and then restore your apps from there. I hope this answers your question!

ROM
    CleanRomICS RC/YourMomRom

Love it the touch screen interface is the best wow or the backup fast WOW !!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Just search the Market for "app backup" and a whole mess of apps are available. Titanium Backup is what most rooters/romers use, but I imagine they all do just about the same thing.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Helps a bunch thanks... there are a coupel of other ROMs I'd like to try out. Sensless is OK... Didn't realize how much I didnt' really mind having Sense 3.0 till it was gone... Might just have to switch to Clean ROM.

Any other "must try" ROMs? Wish CM7 was "mo ready"

Once you are rooted, download Titanium Backup from the Market. You can back up your apps in batches, and choose whether or not to include app data or not. Your contacts will be stored with Google if you have your account set up that way. Anyway, once you flash your new ROM, re-download Titanium Backup and then restore your apps from there. I hope this answers your question!

but unless i am missing something, you can do a batch restore, but you still have to manually click "YES" and "done" for each app which can take 30 minutes if you have 100 apps or so. is there any app where i can click restore all, and walk away grab a beer and turn on the tv and come back and have it done?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

love the touchscreen navigation! beats the pants off the old vol up/down method, does seem to be faster as well

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by CMILD561 View Post
    but unless i am missing something, you can do a batch restore, but you still have to manually click "YES" and "done" for each app which can take 30 minutes if you have 100 apps or so. is there any app where i can click restore all, and walk away grab a beer and turn on the tv and come back and have it done?
    Yes you need to get the paid version. Well worth the few bucks for it.

Paul