Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TrueDrooid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What can i do with an EVO 3D

Hey guys im new here to the forums, not really to the hacking but still in training. So i found an evo 3d and was wondering what can i do with it. (hackable wise) Also can i delete everything to make it brand spanking new? Im guessing a nice ipod? Or a good gaming device?

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Default Re: What can i do with an EVO 3D

You can use it for everything except Voice and carrier data. It will work perfectly fine over wifi.

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

From the home screen press
    Menu-settings-sd phone storage-factory reset
    to perform a factory reset.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by GuardArmour View Post
    Hey guys im new here to the forums, not really to the hacking but still in training. So i found an evo 3d and was wondering what can i do with it. (hackable wise) Also can i delete everything to make it brand spanking new? Im guessing a nice ipod? Or a good gaming device?
    Hmmm... you question is a little confusing. The EVO 3D will play music and games right out of the box, no hacking required! You can root your phone and install custom ROMs, which will give you a new/different experience. Maybe if you provide a little more information about what you want to do with it then people from the community can tell you if it's possible or not.

Now that I've read your OP more closely I'm curious to know what you mean by "found an evo 3d?" Do you mean found as in someone lost it and you found it or found as in you found someone to buy it from? If you found it because someone lost it, then the right thing to do would be to call Sprint and give them the ESN# to see if they can locate or contact the real owner. Otherwise that's just pretty much stealing, which sucks, and I wouldn't imagine this community being very responsive in helping you "repurpose" someone else's phone.
    Last edited by cloak.n.dagger; 01-10-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy nightly

Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Hmmm... you question is a little confusing. The EVO 3D will play music and games right out of the box, no hacking required! You can root your phone and install custom ROMs, which will give you a new/different experience. Maybe if you provide a little more information about what you want to do with it then people from the community can tell you if it's possible or not.

Now that I've read your OP more closely I'm curious to know what you mean by "found an evo 3d?" Do you mean found as in someone lost it and you found it or found as in you found someone to buy it from? If you found it because someone lost it, then the right thing to do would be to call Sprint and give them the ESN# to see if they can locate or contact the real owner. Otherwise that's just pretty much stealing, which sucks, and I wouldn't imagine this community being very responsive in helping you "repurpose" someone else's phone.
    I 2nd that "found" question.....

you can "find" the owner and give it back. That is one thing you can do with a 3d

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Third person saying find the real owner. Anyways....how have you been cloak, long time no see brother. Here's a :beer: I know your probably thirsty.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CaMelGuY1337 View Post
    Third person saying find the real owner. Anyways....how have you been cloak, long time no see brother. Here's a :beer: I know your probably thirsty.

Wuz up CaMelGuY! It's been a while my friend. Still rock'n Kush's ROM on your EVO OG? I'm running his ICS ROM on my E3D and am love'n it! Glad to see ya on the boards again!

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Wuz up CaMelGuY! It's been a while my friend. Still rock'n Kush's ROM on your EVO OG? I'm running his ICS ROM on my E3D and am love'n it! Glad to see ya on the boards again!
    Well, I did try out a few different ROMs...but what can I say, it's what we do. Like your E3D my OG is covered in ice cream and it is amazing. I'm a little jealous that you guys are a few builds a head of us, but if I'm not mistaken we're the only ones with working cameras. Glad to be posting with ya again, OG forums miss ya man.

If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

definitely want to get that puppy back to the owner.. call Sprint, they should be able to get in touch with the owner via email or any secondary number on file or they can at least make a courtesy call to one of their most dialed numbers... but guessing by the reason u came here n posted you are weighing options, tisk
    JKTex likes this.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

well just like the person who started the thread. Im fully new to unlocking and tweaking the phone. I did do some lite modding when I had my Palm Pre but now I think its time to tweak this one so were are some good places to start?

Im looking for speed(my texts run so damn slow but that could be from the call/sms blocker I have,a build in option would be nice rather than a app),more options to customize the phone like power up/down screens and so on.

Any other things that will enhance the phone like panoramic photo shots? Im not looking to start going line by line with code so I will avoid those for now.

Any help would be great.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Casketman View Post
    well just like the person who started the thread. Im fully new to unlocking and tweaking the phone. I did do some lite modding when I had my Palm Pre but now I think its time to tweak this one so were are some good places to start?

Im looking for speed(my texts run so damn slow but that could be from the call/sms blocker I have,a build in option would be nice rather than a app),more options to customize the phone like power up/down screens and so on.

Any other things that will enhance the phone like panoramic photo shots? Im not looking to start going line by line with code so I will avoid those for now.

Any help would be great.
    Here's a good starting point...

First you need to identify what version of hboot you have. If you have all the latest OTA updates installed, chances are you are on hboot 1.5. With hboot 1.5 they have not discovered a way to achieve s-off, so the only method for unlocking the bootloader is to use the HTC unlock tool. This, of course, notifies HTC that you have unlocked your bootloader and voids most (if not all) of your warranty. Even with the HTC unlock tool, you will not get to a s-off state, which adds additional complexity to loading custom ROMS and Kernels. Most of the guides for unlocking hboot 1.5 (in the thread I linked above) will cover this ground. Just make sure you read, read, read and read some more before you make any final decisions. Good luck!