Serious help needed

thevikeman

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
i recently rooted my phone, all was working great until i tried to put on a kernal. I didnt really know how to put on a kernal and followed what i thought was an easy method. Turns out it destroyed my phone. What i did was put the kernal on my SD card and flashed it straight from recovery. i forgot to wipe the cache and data. i also didnt do a backup. And now i cant get the phone to start up at all. i have worked on it for 6 hrs now. im going crazy. I have tried all ideas and still nothing. i have flashed stock roms. i tried to return to 100% but it cant read the pg86.img ive tried everything to my knowlege and im hoping im just doing something wrong. Ive tried the fastboot and apb.zip and that didnt work. im honestly at a loss for words right now, so i really need some help.

also, when booting up it says:
Shooter XC ship S-ON RL
Hboot-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot:'(

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if you have hboot 1.5 then you cannot flash a Kernel from recovery. HTC's method for unlocking the bootloader with hboot 1.5 does not grant s-off, so flashing a kernel is a little more complicated (thanks HTC)! There is a method where you can flash it using fastboot and you can read about that here...

Scott's ROMS - [Issue!] - Tether not working :(!

In the link above there is mention (and link to) of an app called Falsh Image GUI. This app is a must have for hboot 1.5 ROMers. It will flash the kernel from the ROM.zip file for you prior to rebooting into recovery and flashing your ROM. Also, I'm not sure if you typo'd the file name for the image you are trying to install, but you typed it as pg86.img and the correct file format for these files to work properly is PG86IMG.zip. This file needs to be on the root of the SD card and not in any folder. Hope this helps and you get your E3D working again soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2