1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alpha x--aosp--ics!

Over at the xda forums you can find this brand new ICS ROM. It's gorgeous and fast. The only draw back I'm having is that the camera isn't working, but this will be fixed soon in an update.

I did not create this ROM, but I figured some of you would like to see it!

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Default Re: Alpha x--aosp--ics!

I've been running Kushdeck's ICS Aplha7 ROM for a few days and love it! I might load this one up and check out the differences. I noticed that 4G was not listed under the Not Working section. Have you verified if 4G is working in this ROM? Also, bluetooth is listed as fixed. Have you verified if bluetooth is actually passing audio? Either way, I'll probably load this one up and give it a spin and verify these things first hand. I'm love'n me some ICS though!

Looks like a new build will be released today:
    Last edited by cloak.n.dagger; 01-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

4G doesn't seem to be working. As a matter of fact, I can't even find where to turn it on in the ROM or system settings, so I could really just be over-looking it. Bluetooth is a question I can't answer because I never use it. I might throw my headset on just to find out. I'll let you know.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Hmm. Someone made a POST in the thread for that ROM that 4G was working. This would be a major accomplishment as no AOSP ROM (2.3 or 4.0) has gotten 4G to work. It has been a mojor thorn in TeamWin's side as none of their AOSP ROMs have 4G working.

Guess they were just mess'n around:
    Last edited by cloak.n.dagger; 01-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Both kush and joels ics roms are very good. But both are missing the side menus you can bring up on the home screen and the widgets as well.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post
    Both kush and joels ics roms are very good. But both are missing the side menus you can bring up on the home screen and the widgets as well.
    What are side menus? Not sure I have ever seen anything in ICS that's been referred to as a side menu. But I'm fairly new to the ICS scene so I may have just missed it in other ICS demos I've seen. Do you have a link to something that shows these side menus?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Im guessing the side menus are when you hold the home key and it pops up the recent applications. It's completely different, no longer just showing Icons, but actually showing thumbnails of the app itself that you were running.

This one has it. I don't believe 4G is working as you discovered though.

With AOSP can you change the icon on the lock screen from the Camera?

Quote Originally Posted by tbooker22 View Post
    With AOSP can you change the icon on the lock screen from the Camera?
    CM9 and CM10 and AOKP lock screens can be customized, AOSP cannot.