Pros and Cons of rooting my Evo 3d

Jamie71

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, i have a HTC Evo 3D, what are the advantages and disadvantages(pros/cons) of rooting my phone, im just curious and wonder if it would make any difference to my phone in a better way, ie running faster, etc. Thanks

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I rooted mine the second Revolutionary was available. I have hboot 1.4. If you have hboot 1.5 then you have to use HTC's method to unlock the bootloader. If your phone is new and you have hboot 1.4 and believe you would like to root then hold off on accepting any OTA updates. I can't imagine having a phone and not rooting. The possibilities are endless with what you can do to maximize performance and customize. There is a lot of great information in the Rooting section. I would recommend you do tons of reading and ask a lot of questions before doing anything. Good luck! :)

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Using the HTC method will void certain parts of your warranty but from what I have read of the terms, if it is hardware related (like missing pixels on your screen) HTC will honor the warranty. If you rooted using Revolutionary then you can unroot before taking it in to Sprint and they will never know. I have seen posts from a lot of people here who have taken rooted phones to their Sprint store and had no problem getting them serviced. The best thing to do is read up on HTC'S terms before you unlock using their method and go from there. Rooting isn't for everyone. For me, modding my phone is a hobby and I will root every one I get. If you have doubts or don't enjoy it then rooting isn't for you, and that's OK! :)

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had mine replaced and im rooted with the HTC method, HTC never see's your phone if sprint covers it under the TEP