Unlocking a Phone?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my Evo 3D is awesome... but my only problem is that the service is spotty where I live with Sprint, but Verizon/AT&T have decent service. Now my co-worker told me I could "unlock" my phone and that means that now I can get service from Verizon, AT&T, etc. Is this true? Also wondering how to do this and will it mess up phone? Lastly, what is the difference between unlocking and rooting a phone? Thanks!
Edit/Delete Message

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You can not activate a Sprint device on Verizon. It is ILLEGAL to change (unlock) the ESN of your phone. Both Verizon and Sprint are CDMA networks. I think you co-worker is thinking of GSM networks (such as AT&T and T-Mobile). GSM phones can be purchased unlocked and used on other GSM networks.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Unless you change out the chip inside the phone it is technologically impossible for a Sprint CDMA only phone to run on a GSM (AT&T or T-mobile) network. Entirely different technology.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Unless you change out the chip inside the phone it is technologically impossible for a Sprint CDMA only phone to run on a GSM (AT&T or T-mobile) network. Entirely different technology.

You have no clue what you are talking about...

I am using my 3D as a satellite phone right now!

It can be done with a different PRL and a new flux capacitor. :cool:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You have no clue what you are talking about...

I am using my 3D as a satellite phone right now!

It can be done with a different PRL and a new flux capacitor. :cool:

I forgot about the Flux Capacitor!
Thank goodness an Android Central recognized Android Developer chimed in to set me straight.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
If you're old school, the flux capacitor will get the job done, half way.

If you want more flexibility with a simple change of your mind, then step up to wearing big boy pants and simply boot bomb the static tubulater with capacitive reflectomation to take full control of the inverse reactive current in the unilateral phase detractors for 10x the power of the dynamic cardanil grametors. All I would recommend for anyone to do first is to watch the Youtube video to fully understand the interrelationship of the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive directance. It's only about 3 minutes and easy to understand. Once you do, this is a breeze.

To make it even easier, and if you don't want continuous cranial scans, you can just install a mono-directional multi-phase micro mind toggle to manually flip on the fly from multiple CDMA carriers to GSM, satellite, shortwave and even FM. They're in short supply lately because they're made from prefamulated amulite surmounted by a logrithmic casing and demand has skyrocketed (all the cool cats are doing this). But they do come in 3 delicious colors. :confused:

Reactions: scrosler

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

If you want more flexibility with a simple change of your mind, then step up to wearing big boy pants and simply boot bomb the static tubulater with capacitive reflectomation to take full control of the inverse reactive current in the unilateral phase detractors for 10x the power of the dynamic cardanil grametors. All I would recommend for anyone to do first is to watch the Youtube video to fully understand the interrelationship of the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive directance. It's only about 3 minutes and easy to understand. Once you do, this is a breeze.

To make it even easier, and if you don't want continuous cranial scans, you can just install a mono-directional multi-phase micro mind toggle to manually flip on the fly from multiple CDMA carriers to GSM, satellite, shortwave and even FM. They're in short supply lately because they're made from prefamulated amulite surmounted by a logrithmic casing and demand has skyrocketed (all the cool cats are doing this). But they do come in 3 delicious colors. :confused:

Dang, I got schooled again! Thank you guys for setting me straight.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I absoluty love mine

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Damn, your a genius! I didn't even think of that! You got game man!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

The pink one is rad!

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to derail this derailment, but op, you could just call Sprint and complain about the spotty service, how you kick over to roaming, which could be on Verizon, thus costing Sprint money, and inquire about an airave. You'll need high speed internet for it to work, but i got mine for free when i mentioned that I may need to look for another service provider.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic derailment.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Lol, are you Dr. Sheldon Cooper? No, wait, I think he uses an iPhone :p

That post is priceless.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
you can unlock the phone, but then you have to flash a rom so it will work on Verizon. This includes flashing the radio. But.... 4g will not work on Verizon. The evo 3D uses a different type of 4g then Verizon uses.

So, it is possible to use the evo 3D on other CDMA networks (the type of cell technology used) like verizon or cricket. But not GSM which is used by t-mobile and AT& T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae