Issues Unrooting Evo3D

androidmark

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a NOOB and for sure know just enough to know I do not know what I'm doing as of yet.

I have an EVO3D that I rooted and my main goal is unroot. I have Revolutionary CWM v.4.0.1.4

Ive downloaded a number of files that promise to unroot but when I change the name to PG86IMG.ZIP and drop them in the SD card root directory the bootloader reads it, goes thru the status bar and then simply dumps right back to the bootloader without actually running thru or applying the zip. Ive tried this now with several different PG86IMG.ZIP files, all between 399MB and 400MB. I have always had S-on and still do.

Thank you for any suggestions.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Problem is if you have downloaded an RUU you run it through windows with your phone connected, not by your phone!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am a NOOB and for sure know just enough to know I do not know what I'm doing as of yet.

I have an EVO3D that I rooted and my main goal is unroot. I have Revolutionary CWM v.4.0.1.4

Ive downloaded a number of files that promise to unroot but when I change the name to PG86IMG.ZIP and drop them in the SD card root directory the bootloader reads it, goes thru the status bar and then simply dumps right back to the bootloader without actually running thru or applying the zip. Ive tried this now with several different PG86IMG.ZIP files, all between 399MB and 400MB. I have always had S-on and still do.

Thank you for any suggestions.

you need to relock your phone before you can run a RUU
you do this by booting into the boot loader with your usb pluged in and make you have fastboot usb highlighted. in your command prompt type fastboot oem lock reboot to bootloader and then hboot will scan the zip and when done ask if you want to update

i use this RUU http://www.scottsroms.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20

androidmark

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I got past the waitingon device issue by DLing HTC sync. I didnt even open HTC Snyc, simply DLed it and the driver that come with it did the trick.

now I'm moving forward with the rest of the process.

androidmark

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Update:

After I Relocked bootloader it did indeed let me load the zip from the SD card and we are good to go. Thanks to all and I hope this helps others.

M-

static69

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm kind of in the same boat. I need to unroot and return a faulty phone to sprint... not only is the screen really jacked up but the usb port only charges.. and really slow at that. So I can't relock with fastboot to apply the RUU. I grabbed WIFI ADB but once I'm in the bootloader it loses connection for obvious reasons. Any ideas? Is there something I can flash with that new Flash Image GUI that I have been reading about to lock it?

I'm running Warm2.3 right now, 1.5 Hboot with HTC unlocker Teamwin Recovery and it was 651.2 out of the box

thanks in advance, really appreciate any help!

I created a new thread with a little more detail.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-rooting-roms-hacks/176905-can-i-unroot-without-fastboot.html

Last edited:

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Alright, so I successfully unrooted. Took a bit of tinkering but in the end I think all is good.

I noticed an issue. So I relocked my phone and flashed that RUU stock file. Phone reset, etc.

I redid my phone, installed all my apps, etc. I hit update and noticed a system update for my phone. I installed it and BAM, it did an entire factory reset on my phone. No clue why it did this, but it did. When I check for a system update, it's still there.

I thought the phone was supposed to go back to normal like when I purchased it? Anyone know why this did a factory reset on my phone?

THanks much.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae