Can't get "Unlock Bootloader?" screen. HELP!

cowkong#AC

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new Evo 3d in the mail after my old one had died. It was from Asurion, just so you know. It's Hboot is 1.50 and it's htc software is 2.17.651.5. I've been looking around for hours and I can't ever get past the "./adb-mac flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin". It says that the code checks out (half of the time), then says "Okay" but no unlock bootloader screen. Please help! I just want some cm7 or something. PS, I'm very new and I hardly know anything about this whole subject. Thanks in advance!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
im not a Mac user ,but on windows you use fastboot to enter the unlock code with your phone booted in the bootloader with fastboot usb highlighted

cowkong#AC

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried all of that. I simply tried adb commands because I had no idea what else to try. I've method after method without any luck. I've heard of people unable to unlock their newly updated evos (2.17..651.5). Guess I'm just one of them

smallheadz

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Read this on the first post
There have also been a couple reports of difficulty applying HTC's unlock to new phones that shipped with the updated software preloaded.
During the process, and after this output,
Code:

sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.152s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.159s

Nothing happens on their phone and the remain locked.

Thanks to lchupacabras for posting about this and his solution. Run the 2.08 RUU and then retry the HTC unlock, hopefully this works for everyone. I will do some more looking into this when I get a chance. My phone took a swin today and I'm awaiting a replacement, good thing i'm insured.

2.08.651.2 RUU
http://www.multiupload.com/09NOXKCUN0 Thanks lchupacabras for mirroring!

cowkong#AC

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try the HTC unlock I get to the last step where where I.already have my unlock_code.bin in the same folder as my fastboot and it gives me the check okay but it doesn't flash the "unlock screen?". There's no explanation. It's plugged in. Discovered by "fastboot devices" command and It's in fastboot usb. I just don't get it.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
And you run a RUU? this is the one i use works very well

[ZIP] - RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

Whenever I try the HTC unlock I get to the last step where where I.already have my unlock_code.bin in the same folder as my fastboot and it gives me the check okay but it doesn't flash the "unlock screen?". There's no explanation. It's plugged in. Discovered by "fastboot devices" command and It's in fastboot usb. I just don't get it.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you renaming it to PG86IMG.zip out on your sdcard not in any folders, pull your battery hold the volume down and the power button until it enters the bootloader, the bootloader will scan and find the zip when its done it will have update .vol up = yes vol down = no

whenever I try to run any kind of RUU, it just says I don't have permission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol