Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get "Unlock Bootloader?" screen. HELP!

I just got a new Evo 3d in the mail after my old one had died. It was from Asurion, just so you know. It's Hboot is 1.50 and it's htc software is 2.17.651.5. I've been looking around for hours and I can't ever get past the "./adb-mac flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin". It says that the code checks out (half of the time), then says "Okay" but no unlock bootloader screen. Please help! I just want some cm7 or something. PS, I'm very new and I hardly know anything about this whole subject. Thanks in advance!
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: Can't get "Unlock Bootloader?" screen. HELP!

im not a Mac user ,but on windows you use fastboot to enter the unlock code with your phone booted in the bootloader with fastboot usb highlighted
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I've tried all of that. I simply tried adb commands because I had no idea what else to try. I've method after method without any luck. I've heard of people unable to unlock their newly updated evos (2.17..651.5). Guess I'm just one of them

Follow this and ruu back works everytime
    [GUIDE] HTC Unlock Hboot 1.50 + TWRP Recovery + Root + Flash!! [9.11.11] - xda-developers
    Some just get stuck and others dont

Read this on the first post
    There have also been a couple reports of difficulty applying HTC's unlock to new phones that shipped with the updated software preloaded.
    During the process, and after this output,
    Code:

sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.152s]
    writing 'unlocktoken'...
    (bootloader) unlock token check successfully
    OKAY [ 0.006s]
    finished. total time: 0.159s

Nothing happens on their phone and the remain locked.

Thanks to lchupacabras for posting about this and his solution. Run the 2.08 RUU and then retry the HTC unlock, hopefully this works for everyone. I will do some more looking into this when I get a chance. My phone took a swin today and I'm awaiting a replacement, good thing i'm insured.

2.08.651.2 RUU
    http://www.multiupload.com/09NOXKCUN0 Thanks lchupacabras for mirroring!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Already tried this method. I've even tried a new SD card, I simply cannot unlock it.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    Already tried this method. I've even tried a new SD card, I simply cannot unlock it.
    are you getting errors ? need more info

try uninstalling HTC sync
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Whenever I try the HTC unlock I get to the last step where where I.already have my unlock_code.bin in the same folder as my fastboot and it gives me the check okay but it doesn't flash the "unlock screen?". There's no explanation. It's plugged in. Discovered by "fastboot devices" command and It's in fastboot usb. I just don't get it.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

And you run a RUU? this is the one i use works very well

[ZIP] - RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

Whenever I try the HTC unlock I get to the last step where where I.already have my unlock_code.bin in the same folder as my fastboot and it gives me the check okay but it doesn't flash the "unlock screen?". There's no explanation. It's plugged in. Discovered by "fastboot devices" command and It's in fastboot usb. I just don't get it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    And you run a RUU? this is the one i use works very well

[ZIP] - RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS
    whenever I try to run any kind of RUU, it just says I don't have permission

I was having the same problem... i downloaded the RUU that you did, followed the instructios here http://milkov.ru/files/10.pdf and requested new token (just in case) and after failing for a week had things rooted in 30 min today...
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Are you renaming it to PG86IMG.zip out on your sdcard not in any folders, pull your battery hold the volume down and the power button until it enters the bootloader, the bootloader will scan and find the zip when its done it will have update .vol up = yes vol down = no

whenever I try to run any kind of RUU, it just says I don't have permission