Issues Loading a Rom

deth4uall

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to load roms and each time they get stuck at the HTC logo preboot screen. I have tried CleanROM Reborn 1.0, Stock Deodexed 2.17.651.5, CM9 Kang, etc and all have sat at htc preboot screen for over 30 minutes. I have had to restore an old nandroid restore to get it running again.

I am currently running an unlocked htc evo 3d with update 2.08.651.2 and hboot 1.50. Has anyone else experienced this when trying to use any other rom?

deth4uall

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
From the install zip from sdcard section correct?

Edit: I haven't loaded a rom in a while and I went back to stock for a bit. So I am a little "new" to this so to say.

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
from the rom's zip on your pc, open it and find the boot.img copy it to the same folder that has fastboot in it
boot your phone into the bootloader with yhe usb pluged in, make sure you have fastboot usb highlighted
with your command prompt open to the folder with fastboot type..fastboot flash boot boot.img hit enter

Reactions: ccw1134

deth4uall

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Let me download it again from Scott's site.

EDIT: No, I tried one of the other roms I downloaded other day based on the new update that sprint put out and its not loading.

Could trying to flash a rom that is based on an update I don't have cause this issue?

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
what rom are you wanting to flash cleanrom reborn?

Let me download it again from Scott's site.

EDIT: No, I tried one of the other roms I downloaded other day based on the new update that sprint put out and its not loading.

Could trying to flash a rom that is based on an update I don't have cause this issue?

deth4uall

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I ensured that debugging was on and used TWRP to install the stock upgrade from 2.8.651.3 to 2.17.651.5, which was successful in a sense. However, it is still telling me that I have an update to install and I don't know what it is since I already installed the one that should be correct. Any ideas?

Also I seem to have lost root???

Last edited: