Installing CWM TOUCH RECOVERY

fonzilla

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't find this anywhere in our forums. So i decided I should maybe help a member out. This is my first thread where I'm helping someone do something so sorry if I mess up. BTW THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME AND MY EVO 3D. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO. FOLLOW IF YOU WISH. :)

So this goes well with zedomax's guide for HTC Unlock method for Rooting 3vos.

Tested on my very own Evo 3D (CDMA) Rooted (of course) and s-on if it makes a difference. Doubt it does though.

(WINDOWS)

Precaution: Might want to make a Nandroid Backup in case something goes wrong.

1. Download/Extract the rootevo3dnew to Desktop.
Download HTCEvo3D/rooting/rootevo3dnew.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

2. Download the CWM Touch Recovery from the official website and put it in rootevo3dnew folder.
ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

3. Make sure your fastboot is checked off and usb debugging is checked. Turn off your phone and enable fastboot usb. (Power off> Hold Volume down + Power> fastboot {using Volume up and down to navigate and power to select}) Also connect your phone to computer.

4. Open cmd and type the following commands

cd Desktop\rootevo3dnew

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-shooter.img

(yes it says recovery twice) (and recovery-clockwork...img is the name of the file, so if it is different, type the entire name of the file)

5. Reboot and Enjoy:)

Hope it works for you! Hope my instructions were clear. If any questions, PM me.

Credit to Zedomax and everyone he credited. Credit to CWM for making such a beauty.(PM me if your missing)

If this is against the rules, by all means remove it. Sorry if its in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Reactions: stanlm2

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Download recovery.img, use flashimageGUI. Takes about 15 seconds and you can do it on your phone. Check the stickies, by joeykrim. Magnificent app, I love it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

collabora

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-shooter.img[/B]
(yes it says recovery twice) (and recovery-clockwork...img is the name of the file, so if it is different, type the entire name of the file)

5. Reboot and Enjoy:)

What still has me perplexed is why all the "official" instructions show a two step process to load cwm via fastboot

1) fastboot flash recovery
2) fastbboot boot

If you just do (1) you can get into recovery the usually way straight from HBOOT

But maybe you are not supposed to? Possible kernel partition problem?

I was using twrp. My flash messed up -- maybe skipping (2) is a problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar