1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Default how will official ICS update affect unlocked bootloader?

If I unlock my bootloader via HTC's method can I still get the OTA update to ICS as soon as it comes out?

Default Re: how will official ICS update affect unlocked bootloader?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

I also want to know, how will the official ICS update affect the HBOOT downgrade exploit. Will it fix the vulerability? If I suspect that I want full S-off in the future, should I do it now?

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

The the official version comes out a rooted stock one wi be available shortly after. I would NOT take the ota.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

if your s-off now you will always be s-off with what ever bootloader your on. but the best thing to do is let the dev's do thier thing first. they will pull the updated hboot from the OTA to make it safe to flash. yes i would go s-off now its so much easier to do want you want

look here........

Quote Originally Posted by eldub1 View Post
    The the official version comes out a rooted stock one wi be available shortly after. I would NOT take the ota.
    I wanna know since some of us on hboot 1.5 are getting bootloops on ics Roms are we gonna have the same problem when the stock rooted version comes out?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by taguluchi View Post
    I wanna know since some of us on hboot 1.5 are getting bootloops on ics Roms are we gonna have the same problem when the stock rooted version comes out?
    are you s-off? i doubt that it will be the same, the ics roms now are based off a leak for the Virgin Mobile 3d and its not official. there is always bugs in a leak version. we will have a working version when its the OTA update

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    are you s-off? i doubt that it will be the same, the ics roms now are based off a leak for the Virgin Mobile 3d and its not official. there is always bugs in a leak version. we will have a working version when its the OTA update
    I get bootloops over and over on ics roms I'm on boot 1.5 and other people on the same boot can somehow run ics roms how come they can on the same,e phone with s on just like me but I and other people can't?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Are you guys trying my current rom? If so you have to flash it right.

Try wiping everything first. Use a superwipe.zip, then flash the ics rom of your choice. If it still doesnt work. Dirty flash that bad boi

I was s-on with hboot 1.5, unlocked with the HTC method, and I couldn't get either of the ICS ROMs that I tried (CleanROM and MeanROM) to work without endless boot loops despite super-wiping and everything. The only thing that worked for me was getting s-off using the wire trick (so I'm still on hboot 1.5). I was then able to run MeanROM without ANY wiping/resetting.

I know that the developers say you have to wipe everything before flashing their ROMs, and I don't dispute that one should do that to be sure, but in my experience wiping has never made the difference between failure and success.
    Last edited by bobodobo; 05-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.