Major issues returning to stock.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
So I rooted my phone via the HTC method. I was running the reborn rom which was giving me issues. I decided to go back to regular stock.

So I followed the steps on these forums. Locked my phone via a command prompt and installed the kernal that was expressed in a few threads.

My phone did its thing. rebooted and I was at a factory fresh restart.

Once I set-up my phone I checked to see if there was any updated. There was a 27MB (or something) update. I updated and installed and it factory reset my phone automatically. No clue why it did this. There same update is showing up when I check for updates, my guess is when I install it, it will auto factory reset my phone again.

Anybody know what might be the issues? Am I running outdated kernal or something?

Any help or information would be much appreciated.

If needed, I can post my software version/etc of what my phone is currently running. Just let me know if that would be of help.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Alright. So I just tried updating the software again and it worked without factory resetting the phone. Even though it worked this time, I'd still like to try and figure this out, Might help people that have the same problem.

The software info is as follows though.

Android Ver: 2.3.4
Sense: 3.0
SOftware # : 2.17.651.5
Kernel:
2.6.35.13-g277012f
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

baseband ver 1.06.00.1216

build number: 2.17.651.5 CL245066 release-keys

browser ver: webkit/533.1

Forum statistics

Threads