Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NEED HELP. can't find anything

Well i have the Sprint Evo 3d. i rooted using htc unlock method (regretting it). i now have an unlocked bootloader s-on hboot 1.5. it was fine until i was ready to flash the meanrom ics. i was so excited i didnt back up my current rom, big mistake..... so it loads installs then bootloops, turns off right when its done booting up. so i look for a stock rom to unroot this or a rom that will actually work on it when flashing with twrp. somebody give me something please!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: NEED HELP. can't find anything

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: NEED HELP. can't find anything

thankyou. but this is my last option. do yu know of a rooted rom that will work when flashed?

ROM
    ICS Source Build

I recommend going further and gaining s-off, therefore you may have even less problems with running custom roms. And if you stay s-on, its probably best to use the 4ext recovery, I think it has a "smartflash" feature for s-on 3Ds. Overall though you probably just use s-off, you can try the wire trick method(I used the same method).

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Juanito216 View Post
    I recommend going further and gaining s-off, therefore you may have even less problems with running custom roms. And if you stay s-on, its probably best to use the 4ext recovery, I think it has a "smartflash" feature for s-on 3Ds. Overall though you probably just use s-off, you can try the wire trick method(I used the same method).

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. I avoided S-OFF because I didn't want to risk bricking my phone, but the availability of advice, tools and tutorials on this and other forums made it a moot point. The benefits greatly outweigh any risks. There are some great ROMs in the Android world, and S-ON can potentially keep you from enjoying them.

Look around for Juoponat's (sp?) S-Bear hack. It took me a little while to get the timing right, but it worked really well for me. Go S-OFF, and enjoy your EVO 3D much more than you do now.

Also, perform Nandroid backups or purchase Titanium Backup. Backups come in handy for quickly reinstalling apps between ROM flashes (believe me, you'll do lots of them just out of sheer curiousity). Enjoy, and I hope all works out well for you.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums