Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: What does HBoot 1.58.0000 with S-OFF RL mean?

Ok, clicking on Fastboot didn't get me anything, but I clicked recovery, selected the zip and flashed it. Still got the no image, wrong image when it first went into HBoot, but then I could get to recovery. On flashing it, it said E: Badd boot message
    "TIME"
    Added /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
    ---verify md5 for /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
    --no md5 file found, ignoring
    --install /sdcard/PG86IMG.zip
    Finding update package....
    Opening update package....
    Installing update....

Install from sdcard complete.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

is that with the recovery img or the second file I gave you?
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

yepper, but booted, I dont' see anything different. After it finished that, I choose reboot, it's the same system, at least I havent found anything different.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I assume the second file. That has to be done in fastboot. Nothing will happen in recovery
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

It can't find the image in fastboot, or it thinks it's the wrong image. I think my phone has an identity crisis....... ...
    I swear it's a 3D, it says it's 3D when it boots, and it has the 3D switch on the side.....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I've got to hang it up for the night......I'm so sorry, I just don't know what is going wrong here! I know USB debugging is checked, and fastboot is unchecked. I don't think it's the SD card, I know it says unlocked in pink, and says S-Off, so I am not sure what else to check. You get halo, angel wings and harp. You've wife has you pegged WAY wrong!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I do to, but I have some ideas for next time and what could be wrong. Are you familiar with adb? If not that is ok

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

I have abd & fastboot in the same directory in sdk/ platform-tools. At least that's where I think it is, off the top of my head. I'm not at home, but I know I had to have abd & fastboot in the same directory to flash the unlock code from HTC. They didn't tell on directions u also had to make sym links to /usr/bin, but finally found the answer so did that & then was able to get my read out and submit it & got my unlock code & flashed it. So I know twice abd & fastboot worked correctly
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Ok then later tonight or when you have time, we are gonna flash recovery that way

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

If your booting into recovery then you have it installed, now you need to remove or rename the PG86IMG off your sdcard or you will not be able to boot into recovery from the Hboot screen because it will keep parsing the the PG86IMG

Thanked by:
    savvy_cowgirl likes this.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    then try it the other way. I know the file I gave you is right, the img file is in there. The only other thing I can even think of is an incompatibility.

We are gonna go a different route. After you try it the other way and it fails, download this file: and run it in fastboot. That is a stock, rooted , ICS rom. We will worry about recovery right after that is installed and make our life easier.
    This is a recovery , not a rom

Thanked by:
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I have a stock rooted rom that i stripped a bunch of unneeded apps, if you would like to give it a go i will post a link as soon as its done uploading

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I have a stock rooted rom that i stripped a bunch of unneeded apps, if you would like to give it a go i will post a link as soon as its done uploading
    Srry savvy for posting this here but BENNNY i need chu man can u help with un brinking my fone got to my thread
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

savvy_cowgirl here is a stock rooted rom thats stripped down give it try

Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

HOLY Recovery Image BATBENNY3! I think we DID it PiizaDude! I'm so SO sorry my ignorance caused so much trouble. It never looked like it worked, but I THINK maybe it did. I did as you said, took the PG86IMG.zip off the SD card, booted into fastboot and it still does the scrolling thing, and says no image or wrong image (I guess it can't decide which and wants to cover all the bases). But I did select Recovery, I get the TeamWin logo and choices of install zip, Nandroid menu, wipe menu, advanced menu, mount menu, USB storage toggle, Reboot system now and Power down. I'm pretty sure from reading I need to do a nandroid back up, so I picked that (it still gives an infuriating message toward the lower part of the screen E:Bad boot message "TIME") perhaps it just telling me it knows it's giving me a bad time. I chose system, data & boot to be backed up (the default choices). AND it DID it! Backed up to my SD card! I have just done my first nandroid back up! So I now have a unlocked, S-OFF, nandroid backed up EVO 3D. Benny3, I'm downloading the ROM now! This phone is getting perilously close to being activated! Thank you both SO much! So after I get the custom ROM on, will I be able to delete any apps I don't want? Although it sounds like you already took a bunch of them out Benny3. 69%, COME ON KGET, download that thing!
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_cowgirl View Post
    HOLY Recovery Image BATBENNY3! I think we DID it PiizaDude! I'm so SO sorry my ignorance caused so much trouble. It never looked like it worked, but I THINK maybe it did. I did as you said, took the PG86IMG.zip off the SD card, booted into fastboot and it still does the scrolling thing, and says no image or wrong image (I guess it can't decide which and wants to cover all the bases). But I did select Recovery, I get the TeamWin logo and choices of install zip, Nandroid menu, wipe menu, advanced menu, mount menu, USB storage toggle, Reboot system now and Power down. I'm pretty sure from reading I need to do a nandroid back up, so I picked that (it still gives an infuriating message toward the lower part of the screen E:Bad boot message "TIME") perhaps it just telling me it knows it's giving me a bad time. I chose system, data & boot to be backed up (the default choices). AND it DID it! Backed up to my SD card! I have just done my first nandroid back up! So I now have a unlocked, S-OFF, nandroid backed up EVO 3D. Benny3, I'm downloading the ROM now! This phone is getting perilously close to being activated! Thank you both SO much! So after I get the custom ROM on, will I be able to delete any apps I don't want? Although it sounds like you already took a bunch of them out Benny3. 69%, COME ON KGET, download that thing!
    theres not much more you will need to delete , if anything you might want to add a couple back...lol, Does the time in recovery showing the correct time? if not go to advance and i think you can set it there

Come check us out over

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

I DID IT!!!!!!! I have your custom ROM on, and it is all set up! Ok, there is one little thing that isn't working. Bluetooth won't turn on. It says it's turning on, but then it doesn't. I use the heck out of my Bluetooth, on top of which, I just discovered when I clicked on the transfer, I may be able to transfer my contacts from my phone now, to the Evo! How cool is THAT! I love this ROM, it's fast, not all the junk, I shut off and uninstalled what I didn't want and have it set up. It is totally awesome. But not sure what's up with the blue tooth. The wireless works perfectly!
    Thank you SO MUCH! You and PiizzaDude are my HEROES (ok, little pun. The HTC Hero?) Ok, bad little pun.
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    benny3 likes this.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

oh i know use the ES File Explorer i included, go into the settings and to root settings and check all options, root explorer, up to root mount file system it will ask for superuser permission and grant it. the extract the dbusconf file inside the zip and put it on your sdcard. use ES file Explorer to move it from the sdcard to the system/etc folder and you will be good to go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by benny3; 10-13-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Is the Bluetooth Fixable?
    OH, and I found the file explorer program! Copy alarm tones, move them into the proper folder so they are menu choices! Totally awesome!
    Last edited by savvy_cowgirl; 10-13-2012 at 04:06 AM.
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_cowgirl View Post
    Is the Bluetooth Fixable?
    follow the instructions above

Thanked by:
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

BTW which did you flash, the one i posted? did you see it has the APM and EQS

Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Ok, using the file explorer, I've got the above listed options enabled now, I can access root from file explorer. I opened the zip with ES archive view or something like that, it opened the zip (the one you uploaded with the custom ROM, right? I've looked there and in the root file section, I can't find a file or a folder labeled dbusconf, no where & no how. I've looked in all the file folders on the ROM you gave. I found some BlueTooth stuff, and some Blue-Z, but not a dbusconf. If I could find that, I think I can move it.
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

yep, the one you uploaded. I've looked in it on my computer using ARK, and after I made the changes to the settings I can access the root folder on the phone too. I'm not sure what APM and EQS are?I did notice under setting in the file manager when I'm in root file that the path to Bluetooth Share is :/sdcard/
    I don't know if that says anything or not?
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

EDIT: Here is the file you need i made a flashable zip this one you can flash in recovery like you flashed the rom
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by benny3; 10-13-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Thanked by:
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

APM = Advance power menu hold the power button down and you more options like restarting to recovery

EQS = Extended quick settings, check out the pull down menu , you extra's there also

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast