Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: What does HBoot 1.58.0000 with S-OFF RL mean?

HOLY STREAKING BLUETOOTH BATBENNY3!!! It works! It REALLY works!! I just sent 3 contacts over via bluetooth! Not only did they go, but so did their profile pictures, notes and anything else I had on them! I can't thank you enough! I should have been asleep hours ago, and now I'm so excited I'll be lucky to get to sleep. Thank you SO much. I'm really beginning to be anxious to activate this little rascal! .
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_cowgirl View Post
    HOLY STREAKING BLUETOOTH BATBENNY3!!! It works! It REALLY works!! I just sent 3 contacts over via bluetooth! Not only did they go, but so did their profile pictures, notes and anything else I had on them! I can't thank you enough! I should have been asleep hours ago, and now I'm so excited I'll be lucky to get to sleep. Thank you SO much. I'm really beginning to be anxious to activate this little rascal! .
    Haha!! im glad you got it going, i know what you mean about sleeping i need to get ready for work and only had about 2 1/2 hours of sleep....lol

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Good I am glad to hear you got it done. Congrats and welcome to your new addiction, serial rom flashing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

You know, 4 days ago, I'd have said NO WAY, you're nuts! However, I love the new ROM from BatBenny3, WAY more than the one that originally came on it. So I can see advantages to doing this! So now that I have it set up perfectly, should I do another nandroid back up? I don't know what people without file explorers do! I'm used to having one on my BB, and having the ES one on the Clean ROM is not a luxuary, it's a necessity! All the good stuff, not the junk! Oh, and am I imagining it, or does the battery last longer? It seems to. Thank you guys both, you are totally awesome~ ...
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_cowgirl View Post
    You know, 4 days ago, I'd have said NO WAY, you're nuts! However, I love the new ROM from BatBenny3, WAY more than the one that originally came on it. So I can see advantages to doing this! So now that I have it set up perfectly, should I do another nandroid back up? I don't know what people without file explorers do! I'm used to having one on my BB, and having the ES one on the Clean ROM is not a luxuary, it's a necessity! All the good stuff, not the junk! Oh, and am I imagining it, or does the battery last longer? It seems to. Thank you guys both, you are totally awesome~ ...
    Go to settings/about phone/software version and see what it says...lol

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Some of the time you can get better battery life out of a custom rom. Mostly it is because the builders take out all the crap tht the oems and carriers put on and make it more efficient. Milage does vary though from rom to rom and even two of the same phone can act differently.

If you really like the setup you have, go ahead and do a backup. You really do not have to, but it doesn't hurt. If you want to try other roms make sure you do one before each one. Makes life easier if you hate the new one.

Thanked by 2:
    savvy_cowgirl likes this.

I've gotten up to 20 hours of life on certain roms due to tweaks, scripts, or cpu controlling apps.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Especially unfolding the kernel. My DROID charge hated it, but the fascinate and rezound took to it pretty well. I didn't go nuts with it, but knocking it down 25-75 helped. Havent had to do it with my sgs3.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

That is supposed to be undervolting not unfolding

Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

I saw that! I think shortly after I did it, to make sure I had actually installed a custom ROM. I think that is way beyond cool! You are too good! ...
    Thanked by 2:
    benny3 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's me doing/not doing something. But I can't get voicemail to work. I'm not being notified when I've got voicemail. I tried installing youmail which I've used in the past, the activation seemed to work, my sprint voicemail isn't taking messages anymore, but now neither is youmail. I've done all the settings in youmail, but when I got to menu>settings>call>voicemail, there is no choice there other than my carrier, so that could be the problem. I would rather use the regular Sprint voice mail, since I bet it uses less battery, but there isn't a voicemail app. And it's not notifying me when I have voicemail either....where have I gone amuck? I need a working voicemail, just not sure what to do. ...

Try Google voice! It works really well if you follow the set-up correctly.

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

I'm not crazy about the idea of using google voice, if I have to use a app other than the native voicemail, I'd rather use youmail as I've had pretty good luck with it in the past. Come to think of it, don't think google voice will work either "menu>settings>call>voicemail" only gives a choice of "my carrier". I don't think any other apps will work.
    Last edited by savvy_cowgirl; 10-20-2012 at 05:22 PM.

What rom are you using? You could try wiping data with titanium or deleting app but make sure it's backed up first to see if that works.

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Recovery/4-EXT
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Heres the sprint viocemail app in a flashable zip, put it on your sdcard and install it from recovery
    SPRINT VOICE MAIL

Thanked by:
    savvy_cowgirl likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

BatBenny3 to the rescue! I don't know how you do that, but just as you said. A lovely voicemail program, actually the nicest one I've seen from Sprint. Installed it from recovery, rebooted tried it and it is perfection. This ROM is perfect, all the needed stuff and no bloat. I've got to admit, I actually am liking the Evo 3D a LOT, but I think 90% of it is due to the Benny3 Clean ROM, I don't think I'd like the androids as much without it. Again, I'm so very grateful. Thank you BatBenny!
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123