- 2 Posts
How to remove firmware ?
Some while ago I bought an HTC X515m Evo3d from China, used it for a week only as an emergency. Now I would like to regularly use the phone, but am having problems with the stock firmware. There are loads of Chinese apps integrated which I would like to get rid of, but without success.
Can I somehow change the ROMs, so that I may use any plain old software ?
Is there a solution ?
- 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM #2
Re: How to remove firmware ?
You would have to unlock and root the device to install a custom ROM/OS to the device or make changes. I believe there are instructional guides, listed in the stickies to help you along.
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM #4
- By TreyDaPrince in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-03-2010, 03:29 PM
- By mmhhc in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-05-2010, 02:17 AM
- By irishpride in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2010, 11:46 PM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 14Last Post: 01-31-2010, 03:14 AM
- By crwoo in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 23Last Post: 12-22-2009, 11:49 PM