Root vs S-Off for ROM Flashes?
First I will say that I'm relatively new to the whole rooting scene. I have dabbled a bit. (I have installed Cyanogenmod on two different HP Touchpads and just the other day I did the same with my wife's Sprint Epic 4G)
Basically I want to install Cyanogenmod on MY Sprint Evo 3D but I can't seem to find any straight answers to my questions.
So to get CM9 (or maybe 10) on to my Evo 3D I obviously need to root my phone, but
1) do I also need S-Off to accomplish this?
2) if I DO need S-Off, are there any ways to achieve S-Off without using the "wire trick"?
edit : forgot to mention that I have done all of the normal phone updates to this point so I am defnitely on HBoot 1.5
Last edited by sicdude; 11-30-2012 at 03:57 PM.
- 11-30-2012, 01:36 PM #2
- 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM #4
Re: Root vs S-Off for ROM Flashes?
I have seen this forum thread before and it looks very helpful, but it also requires the "wire trick" and I'm not sure I really want to attempt this just yet. if there were a way to do this without actually having to delve into the hardware of the phone I would rather that. And that thread was from September so there may have been other ways found since this was posted.
- 11-30-2012, 05:51 PM #6
- 871 Posts
Phone/Evo 3D cdma
Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
- 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM #7
- By kungros in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 5Last Post: 04-28-2012, 09:16 AM
- By MowDownJoe in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM
- By jasondmoore1 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
- By Adam Munger in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 21Last Post: 07-19-2010, 04:29 PM
- By Th3Cap3 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 15Last Post: 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM