What do I need for root?

omgpirate

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I read the forum, then read some more. And then read sticky topics and other links....
... and I'm totally confused now!

I want to root the phone, so I can manipulate the memory of it. That's it. I don't want to lock, unlock, S-off, flash or whatever the term it is for whatever action.
Is there a glossary on those terms, readable by a human being?

What I need is the Game CIH to work, so I can get more money/coins/lives/whatever in my games.
For that, I need the phone rooted.

And there we have it :) Now you know what I need, so if there's someone that can tell me 'go follow THIS tutorial' or 'read here', I would be very grateful! :)

This is most likely already poking my eyes out, but I have no idea what ROM flashing is, nor why would I want S-OFF instead of S-ON.... :(

Help! :)

omgpirate

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Please, don't rush to help all at once -_-
I can't really read all of your messages >.<

ANDROID CENTRAL FORUMS // The #1 Forum Community for All Things Android
Seriously?
I got response on XDA on the same day.
Here, it's been a... week?
And still no answer.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Go be #1 somewhere else. /sarcasm

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That's why you read! I've rooted 6 different phones without ever asking for help. It's best to understand what you are doing before attempting anything.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys!

I read the forum, then read some more. And then read sticky topics and other links....
... and I'm totally confused now!

I want to root the phone, so I can manipulate the memory of it. That's it. I don't want to lock, unlock, S-off, flash or whatever the term it is for whatever action.
Is there a glossary on those terms, readable by a human being?

What I need is the Game CIH to work, so I can get more money/coins/lives/whatever in my games.
For that, I need the phone rooted.

And there we have it :) Now you know what I need, so if there's someone that can tell me 'go follow THIS tutorial' or 'read here', I would be very grateful! :)

This is most likely already poking my eyes out, but I have no idea what ROM flashing is, nor why would I want S-OFF instead of S-ON.... :(

Help! :)

You should do some research. You're not rooting anything until you learn some basic info about the process. If you get stuck you'll get some help but what you're saying is similar to asking someone in college to go to class... For you...and pass it...For you..all for free. When what you should be doing is studying for said class. Whether it's here or xda, nobody can learn the basics for you.