Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dizzle16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EVO 3D S-OFF after rooting

Does anyone know how to do this?
    How do you S-OFF you EVO 3D CDMA with Spring after rooting?
    Does it involve the wire trick?

Thanks.

Running Android 4.0.3
    TeamWin recovery

Default Re: EVO 3D S-OFF after rooting

Yep, it involves the wire trick. You can find all the instructions and tools needed here:
    http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

And here is a helpful video that will teach you the proper timing for the wire trick:
    http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-3d-ha...nutbear-s-off/

Hope that helps

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

When I did the wire trick back in August I found it didn't work until I tapped the wire against the case a second time. Try it as instructed and if it doesn't work try putting the wire on the metal case, sticking other end of wire In the hole, pull it out, wait a second and stick it back in. That's what worked for me.

P.S.
    I went back in the posts on this site to when I did the wire trick on August 5th of last year. I read my post and what I learned then that I wasn't told anywhere else is

1.) once you run the controlbear.exe program you have to go forward. There is no turning back unless you successfully complete wire trick.
    2.) you have to put wire on metal case, put other end of wire In outer hole, when the phones screen cuts off pull wire out of outer hole and quickly put it back in outer hole. I tried the instructed way for 15 minutes and got nothing. Tried it the way I listed and it worked first time and I wiped a ton of sweat off my forehead lol. Good luck
    Last edited by dizzle16; 02-23-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

This is the route i took HERE which was before the wire trick and i was a tester. Now there is THIS so pick your posion....lol

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle16 View Post
    When I did the wire trick back in August I found it didn't work until I tapped the wire against the case a second time. Try it as instructed and if it doesn't work try putting the wire on the metal case, sticking other end of wire In the hole, pull it out, wait a second and stick it back in. That's what worked for me.

P.S.
    I went back in the posts on this site to when I did the wire trick on August 5th of last year. I read my post and what I learned then that I wasn't told anywhere else is

1.) once you run the controlbear.exe program you have to go forward. There is no turning back unless you successfully complete wire trick.
    2.) you have to put wire on metal case, put other end of wire In outer hole, when the phones screen cuts off pull wire out of outer hole and quickly put it back in outer hole. I tried the instructed way for 15 minutes and got nothing. Tried it the way I listed and it worked first time and I wiped a ton of sweat off my forehead lol. Good luck
    Just to clarify on your number 1, you can actually exit out of the control bear without completing the wire trick. You can see the instructions here:
    http://unlimited.io/jbtroubleshooting.htm

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/scott Pilgr

Did not know that. Would have been nice to know 6 months ago I guess lol. Wouldn't have mattered unless I didn't get wire trick done. My phone was bootlooping back then so I wasn't turning back. I was determined to get S-off but I did have to go to work so it would have been nice to know I could have restored it and picked up when I got off. Thankfully wire trick took me about 20 minutes so it wasn't a issue. My Evo 3d being S-off is part of the reason I'm keeping it even though I'm no longer with sprint
    Brian706 likes this.