HTC EVO 3D bootloop when trying to install custom rom s-on..
ok so it was s-off but i had to change it to s-on i dont remember why but i made the mistake of wiping the os and everytime i try to install a rom it works but then when you try to boot it goes passed the htc screen on some roms but then reboots instantly and wont boot the rom ive looked and cant find a stock gb or ics rom for it and i dont know how to turn the s-on to s-off with no OS on the device
shooter_u PVT SHIP S-ON RL
MAY 22 2012.01:06:07
im using clockwork atm i was using 4ext and teamwin
- 02-22-2013, 12:18 AM #2
- 61 Posts
Re: HTC EVO 3D bootloop when trying to install custom rom s-on..
If you are s-on you really should use 4ext recovery with smart flash enabled. When you are s-on you can't flash the kernel with the Rom. The easiest way around that is 4ext recovery.
Now it also depends on what rom you are flashing. I'm not as familiar with the gsm hboot versions as I have a cdma phone. From what I remember, the hboot 1.53.007 is the most recent stock hboot.
If you are trying to flash an AOSP rom or non sense rom there really is no way unless you go s-off and downgrade the hboot.
If you are flashing a compatible rom for your hboot, then you need 4ext with smart flash enabled so that it will also flash the kernel.
If you already flashed it and it won't boot, pull the boot.img from the rom you flashed. Put it in your folder that contains adb and fastboot and use fastboot command fastboot flash boot boot.img
The boot img contains the kernel and it should boot after flashing that.
Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
- 07-27-2013, 05:59 PM #3
- 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM #4
- 10-01-2013, 08:18 PM #5
- 10-10-2013, 10:41 PM #6
- 01-18-2014, 06:58 AM #7
- By Rhamza in forum Infuse Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2012, 02:50 AM
- By jcvane2 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 9Last Post: 09-19-2011, 04:46 AM
- By wester in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
- By mrdavis55 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 20Last Post: 09-23-2010, 02:55 PM
- By KTrentLR in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM