Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's your next phone for your upgrade?

Being one of the first people to get the 3D, I am going to assume that most of your plans are up and therefore you are all looking for an upgrade. I just wanted to know what phones some of you are leaning towards. I am finding my next phone battle to be really difficult with both the HTC One and SG4. True I can always wait until the next nexus, however we sprint customers never received the last LG nexus. So sticking with sprint with their unlimited data, I am stuck between the One and SG4. Being a fan of HTC with their design and innovation I would like to continue with the One, though we all know how HTC is with both updating and unlocking their phones. Though I hope being that this is going to be there Make it or Break it phone, I hope they will do everything they can to make their faithful customers satisfied. <<< This is especially a must being a Pre user b4 and how the company pretty much screwed us over. Though The S4 is a nice phone, I just feel that Samsung is trying to become apple, with the fact that this phone just seems like an update for the S3. Bigger screen, faster rom, better camera, all in a similar package. Plus Samsung will make sure that all of their recent legacy devices will get the pleasure of all the new features on the new S4. Being a user of the Evo3D, we all know first hand about gimmicks, and I just feel that the S4 just has a lot of gimmicks that will probably be nice for the first few months, but they are not deal-breakers. The 3D function is sweet and I use it probably once a month tops, but it was not a necessary feature to have.

Just looking to hear some opinions of yall, those who got the phone first, and those who got it later.

PS, I know this is a popular topic, but being that most first run evo3d users, plan will be up shortly, wanted to reincarnate the topic.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: What's your next phone for your upgrade?

I'm in the same boat as you. Pushing towards the One at the moment! I feel just like you pertaining to Samsung.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea like I would stick with the 3D except it seems like developers archived most of the roms or are discontinuing doing development for the roms. I am leaning towards the one too, but the HTC non functional button is ed and am concern about the camera. But hey I guess I will just have to try it out, and it would've been cool if the One had a kickstand built in but I guess HTC wasn't able to find a place for one.

Quote Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
    Yea like I would stick with the 3D except it seems like developers archived most of the roms or are discontinuing doing development for the roms. I am leaning towards the one too, but the HTC non functional button is ed and am concern about the camera. But hey I guess I will just have to try it out, and it would've been cool if the One had a kickstand built in but I guess HTC wasn't able to find a place for one.
    The camera is an ultramegapixel 4.3x3. It should be one best cameras on any phone.

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pergerson6 View Post
    The camera is an ultramegapixel 4.3x3. It should be one best cameras on any phone.

Just ultrapixels..... And the reviews are quite mixed. If you read around for some reviews, including the one here at AC, it's an OK camera but not the best on the market.Good in low light.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums