Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.2.2 rom for mac users?

Hey all.

I recently got an Evo 3D as a replacement to the Design 4G that I dropped in a toilet. Anyway, I successfully rooted it using a Mac (shut up, the Macbook was a gift) and now I'm looking to flash a rom for 4.2.2 because I'm running Android 4.0.3 and Sense 3.6 I believe. I went to Download HTCEvo3D/roms/CM10.1 at DownloadAndroidROM.com to download the rom but it says it's only available to Windows users. Because I don't want to go buy a PC (actually, I do, I just can't afford one right now), I was wondering if you guys were aware of a rom that will work for Mac users. I tried looking for a couple hours, and, unless I'm an ***** which is certainly a possibility, I couldn't find anything. Couldn't find anything relevant on the forums here either. Any help would be vastly appreciated. Gonna play Bioshock and wait for a reply. Thanks.

Default Re: 4.2.2 rom for mac users?

Download the ROMs .zip file directly to the phone, and install it using recovery mode. You can use a file management app to move the .zip to your SD card's root, making it easier to find the ROM when you use the recovery's "install .zip from SD card" option.

XDA-developers and Androidforums both have detailed instructions--just in case mine are too vague. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh. Duh. Well thank you. Trying it now. I'll let ya know how it goes.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

For some reason, ROM Manager isn't properly flashing the rom? This is my first time flashing a custom rom, but it seems pretty intuitive. I know the .zip file is in the root folder of my sd card... any ideas?

EDIT: I've figured it out. Somehow I managed to copy a blank .zip into my sd card. Downloading the proper one now.
    Last edited by Wyan8105; 04-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I've put the proper .zip in my SD card's root and it still isn't flashing properly.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Wyan8105 View Post
    Ok, I've put the proper .zip in my SD card's root and it still isn't flashing properly.
    I would scrap CWM and rom manager and install twrp or 4EXT recovery. Plus i know on alot phones you need s-off to use CM, the OP should state if you do or not. You can always ask in the CM thread where you downloaded it from Like xda.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks, Benny. I heard you're the man to go to around here.

I downloaded 4EXT and tried flashing the 4.2.2 rom and now my phone vibrates, lights up to the HTC screen, then a cyanogenmod screen for a second, then does the whole thing over. What should I do?

EDIT: I'm trying to fix the bootloop... I cleared the cache, dalvik, and did a factory reset and it's still bootlooping. Gonna try to restore and see what happens.
    Last edited by Wyan8105; 04-25-2013 at 01:00 AM.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Wyan8105 View Post
    Thanks, Benny. I heard you're the man to go to around here.

I downloaded 4EXT and tried flashing the 4.2.2 rom and now my phone vibrates, lights up to the HTC screen, then a cyanogenmod screen for a second, then does the whole thing over. What should I do?

EDIT: I'm trying to fix the bootloop... I cleared the cache, dalvik, and did a factory reset and it's still bootlooping. Gonna try to restore and see what happens.
    It sounds like the boot img needs flashing. 4EXT has a option to flash the boot img so make sure you have it enabled, Its called smart flash or something like that

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Benny. I need your help. I tried flashing the rom again, and it didn't work. To make things worse, my backup that worked last time doesn't work now, and I can't boot to my home screen. It's not bootlooping, but it just stays on the HTC screen and doesn't do anything. I can still boot into recovery with 4ext though... what should I do?