Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jerzyiroc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any bootloader news from HTC

I know we were all expecting an unlocked bootloader after HTC's anouncement and that the phones have shipped with it locked but does anyone have any news/ insight into HTC releasing an OTA "unlocking" update of some sort.

Please feel free to chime in...

Default Re: Any bootloader news from HTC

It's the weekend. The earliest I would expect any sort of statement is Tuesday and honestly it will probably be quite a while after that.

Everybody is being ridiculously impatient. Chill the eff out or stay with your old phone until it's done. They said they'll do it and they will.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

impatient?

‎"There has been overwhelmingly customer feedback that people want access to open bootloaders on HTC phones. I want you to know that we've listened. Today, I'm confirming we will no longer be locking the bootloaders on our devices. Thanks for your passion, support and patience," Peter Chou, CEO of HTC

1)This statement was made before the phone was released.

2)This statement was made in response to people stating intention to not buy the EVO 3D because of a locked bootloader.

If you were buying a house on the premise that it had AC only to find out it did not after moving in would you sit back and say "they said they'll do it and they will," or would you be upset?

I apreciate your faith and great attitude about this , but I do think that everyone who decided to purchase this phone based on the above quote were and continue to be swindled.

In the meantime, I hope to find a bit of your patience...
    "月に代わって... ~ おしおきよぅ!" - 月野うさぎ!
    Banned

[QUOTE=daikon;1031369]impatient?

i think impatient may have been the wrong word.. I have faith that htc will stick by their word... but people have a right to be mad. I for one can give a rats A** about 3d screen and camera. I bought phone for 1.2 dual core, sense 3.0 and unlocked bootloader. I actually decided not to purchase until I read the above statement from HTC. I hope htc will release it before 30 days or I will have to return the phone.

At that point, Peter Chou's Facebook announcement, the EVO 3D was already finalized and was in mass production. They weren't going to halt production at that point to retroactively unlock the devices during a production run.

Once a device has been in the hands of the public for a week or so, an update is usually released for any new found bugs. That would be a logical point for them to do the unlock.

I was pleasantly surprised to see HTC respond the way they did after countless brush-offs from the Moto camp. Since they are outwardly taking a step to open their devices up for dev work, I will not hold them to the ridiculous expectation of launching the EVO 3D unlocked.
    Regional Leg Breaker

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Too many to list...

They have 27 more days....

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 12MaNy View Post
    They have 27 more days....
    25 more days for me
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

According to an email HTC says's they will unlock the bootloader
    htc WILL unlock the bootloader! - xda-developers

Here's an email I got back from HTC earlier today..

Djblue likes this.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nikola25spasic View Post
    Chill the eff out or stay with your old phone until it's done.
    Wow! That was pretty unnecessary!

Glad to hear that HTC is working on it. I'm fairly content with stock for the moment, but it won't be long before I need to get my ROM fix!
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
    Thanked by:
    daikon