PRL file question

gothir

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to find a way to put a PRL on my Evo 3d and I need to know if I can just use a PRL that worked with an original Evo. The PRL posted HERE made a HUGE difference in the download speeds I was able to get on my old Evo at work. Would I be able to use that same PRL file on my Evo 3d if I can find a way to get it on the phone? I am not sure if the older file would be compatible with the new Evo 3d.

gothir

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use a modified PRL that was made by Techknowfile over on xda that uses old Alltell towers for areas with weak signals. It increases the speeds downtown from less than 100 kbps to usually 600+ with my old EVO. So updating through the settings with the official Sprint PRL won't really help me.

I was thinking of using CDMA workshop to write the modified PRL to my EVO 3d but I am unsure of the compatibility. I just need to make sure that the EVO 3d can use/read the file created for an original EVO.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use a modified PRL that was made by Techknowfile over on xda that uses old Alltell towers for areas with weak signals. It increases the speeds downtown from less than 100 kbps to usually 600+ with my old EVO. So updating through the settings with the official Sprint PRL won't really help me.

I was thinking of using CDMA workshop to write the modified PRL to my EVO 3d but I am unsure of the compatibility. I just need to make sure that the EVO 3d can use/read the file created for an original EVO.

ah gotcha, yea, give it a shot with CDMA workshop.

gothir

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been charged anything for roaming using this method yet with my original Evo and Epic. The majority of my data usage is still on the Sprint network...I just swap to another PRL when I go to work since the coverage there absolutely sucks. But I have read over at XDA that Sprint has cancelled a few contracts for excessive roaming...without charging the ETF.

ravioli

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to find a way to put a PRL on my Evo 3d and I need to know if I can just use a PRL that worked with an original Evo. The PRL posted HERE made a HUGE difference in the download speeds I was able to get on my old Evo at work. Would I be able to use that same PRL file on my Evo 3d if I can find a way to get it on the phone? I am not sure if the older file would be compatible with the new Evo 3d.

What PRL shipped with your 3d?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR