Is CarrierIQ / CIQ / IQAgent installed on Evo 3D?

twolostminds

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Carrier IQ is a metrics collection software package that Sprint has previously installed on all their Android phones with the exception of the Nexus S. It usually shows up under running applications as IQAgent or something similarly named. Carrier IQ also has some disturbingly invasive capabilities that could place a users personal information at risk. If the Evo 3D does not have it installed, I want to dump my Epic4G for it.

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure the 3D doesn't have it. I know the program you're talking about and it doesn't show up in System Panel or running services.

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the 3D doesn't have it. I know the program you're talking about and it doesn't show up in System Panel or running services.

I see hide nor hare of it as well. Unless it is hidden it's not under running processes or under all like it used to be. It was easy to spot on my Hero as well as my Optimus S. By the way Nick7 figured out a way to remove it from the Optimus S anyone that has it in there phone might wanna hit him for info it might be a simple to change it to other android sprint devices.... then again I dunno. But I can verify that I don't see it either on my 3D. :cool:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If the 3D is like other Sprint devices, CIQ is present but not active. The only benefit to removing it may be slightly increased phone performance, but this requires modifying many system/framework files.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
If the 3D is like other Sprint devices, CIQ is present but not active. The only benefit to removing it may be slightly increased phone performance, but this requires modifying many system/framework files.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
No, its active man, trust me. I did however remove it from MY ROM at the kernel level AND Framework level. (Freeza ripped it at the kernel level and I just tore the rest of it out at the framework level) :cool:

So yeah, its embedded very deep, its active, but can be removed. You will not be removing it from stock without flashing custom ROM or at a minimum flashing Freezas kernel (which my ROM uses) and using root explorer to remove the apks, libs and modules. And if your going to do that... Might as well just flash a custom ROM, lol

-Scott

Reactions: ragnarokx