How to switch between standard keyboard and Swype?

lzrdman

May 21, 2011
Visit site
So I've been using the standard default keyboard and today I somehow managed to change it to the Swype keyboard while playing around in settings. But now I can't figure out how to switch it back to standard. Ideas? :-\

karen424

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
OMG....thank you thank you thank you!!! I cannot stand swype keyboard and I also accidentally did something that switched it to swype. Now I'm a happy camper again!!

axne123

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
OMG....thank you thank you thank you!!! I cannot stand swype keyboard and I also accidentally did something that switched it to swype. Now I'm a happy camper again!!

swype keyboard is awesome but text to speech is better :D

Sent using HTC Evo 3d Swype.

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Swype keyboard is boss, especially for one hand use, after you get your dictionary set up, it rocks

Shot from my sharp shooter in 3d

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
For swype input on standard keyboard: Settings>language & keyboard>touch input>trace keyboard>trace keyboard check to turn on. You can even change the color of the trace.

Reactions: nikkisharif

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
i still need help,so can you help me out??

Open up a new text message. Long press in the text box and choose language input. Then select swype. Swype will only be available if you had already enabled it in your settings under language and keyboard.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If i remember right doesn't ICS have the keyboard icon in the status bar when ever the keyboard is being used, If so just drag it down

Sarah Dickinson

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!! I have the swype keyboard on my samsung galaxy young phone at the moment but it is really annoying me and I want to change it back but I don't know how I did this before because now everything I try does not seem to work!!!! It is still on swype which is ok I guess but I just want a change for a while!!!! I have tried all the suggestions above but it is still not working!!!! Thanks!!!!

ktobin12

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone does not have an option to select the a different keyboard. I hate this new Swype that they just installed with the latest update. Please help!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie