Evo 3D cannot play mkv

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am shocked that the evo cannot play mkv files unlike the Samsung epic that played them all fine. I downloadeed rock player and tried playing a 720p video in software and then hardware mode and none of them played fine. Is there no way aroun this? I hate having to convert video.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately most android devices don't support mkv files. I'm surprised that they did not play well in rock player. Which version are you using?

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
They played perfect on my epic 4G. The videos are 720p with ac3 audio. On rock player they stutter and the stock player doesn't even recognize the format.

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I *think* arcMedia plays .mkv, but not 100% sure

Either way, the stock app is the only one that can do 3d as of now, so even if you find another app that will play .mkv if it's a 3d video it won't help any

Handbrake converts .mkv to .mp4 lossless in one click pretty much, very simple, that's what I've been doing, plus then you can play them in 3d :D

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I *think* arcMedia plays .mkv, but not 100% sure

Either way, the stock app is the only one that can do 3d as of now, so even if you find another app that will play .mkv if it's a 3d video it won't help any

Handbrake converts .mkv to .mp4 lossless in one click pretty much, very simple, that's what I've been doing, plus then you can play them in 3d :D

I am not interested in viewing any 3s movies on this screen. I tried arc and had the same results.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

cyberwired

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am not interested in viewing any 3s movies on this screen. I tried arc and had the same results.

dice player does in fact play mkvs on the evo 3d, using hardware processing. I have tried a few mkvs and they play fine. There is a free trial in the market to verify it will play your mkvs.
Also, i have been demuxing the streams and remuxing them into mp4 containers which also works.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
dice player does in fact play mkvs on the evo 3d, using hardware processing. I have tried a few mkvs and they play fine. There is a free trial in the market to verify it will play your mkvs.
Also, i have been demuxing the streams and remuxing them into mp4 containers which also works.

This one works a lot better thanks. I don't want to convert or deluxe anything.