Media volume issue.....very frustrating!

haileysmom26

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this....my media volume keeps going to zero and won't let me turn up in apps etc. Only way it seems to fix itself is for me to reset the phone but then it does it again......any suggestions??

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Re: Media volume issue.....very frustrating!!!

Yes, this happened to me. It wasn't an issue, but rather a glitch.

I believe the problem on my end was this.

I was on the subway playing Spiderman 3D. I turned the volume all the way down once I was in the game via the volume rocker. Few minutes later, I tapped the home button and got out of the game. Tried to watch a video or something but didn't have sound. I went into sound settings and manually tried to raise the volume bar but every time I would go and watch the video there would be no sound.

So, I think the problem is that the spidey game was still running in the background and still thought the volume was turned down within the game perhaps? I dunno. It's a guess.

Try force closing all your apps. Then go into the sound settings and turn up the slider.

This only happened to me once, btw.

Good luck!

Reactions: brooksman9

brooksman9

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

My son called me this evening with exact same problem and I found this post. He had been playing spiderman game and turned the media sound down. Thanks for the help.

von11

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I had this problem w/ gun bros - even after hitting the home button when I pushed the volume buttons it was changing the media volume despite nothing being open. Force closing the app didn't seem to work, but if i opened the app and when through it's exit channels it actually closed and everything worked again as normal. Hope that helps!

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site

This happens to me ALL the time with apps like iheartradio. The only way I seem to be able to remedy it is a reboot. Hoping it's fixed whenever they get around to a new OTA (along with the green camera issue).

taylor_lg

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This is also happening to me when I try to play music. it does not appear to have anything to do with the background running apps, as there are no apps running in the background. the volume for music/apps just locks into the off position and I can't get it to unlocks unless i restart it. it's happened two days in a row and I haven't even owned the phone for a week.

taylor_lg

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This is also happening to me when I try to play music. it does not appear to have anything to do with the background running apps, as there are no apps running in the background. the volume for music/apps just locks into the off position and I can't get it to unlocks unless i restart it. it's happened two days in a row and I haven't even owned the phone for a week.

rottweilerjohn

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
i had a similar problem with my droid x, every time i would get a call or sms the volume would reset to mid point making it very difficult to hear.i tryd many things and settled with "AudioManager" from goolge play (free vir) . I selected the audio levels for everything and then chose the lock option. i may not have solved the volume dropping mystery, but i can now hear the stupid phone ring.

helpfull417

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
um if your device has it where u can clear the ram on it try doing that same problem on my samsung galaxy s4 and that seemed to fix the problem

Becky Hanson

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't able to hear any media sound but I could hear my music on the Note 3. I restarted my phone and that fixes it. This happened after the latest software update.

Wei Keat Tan

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I experienced this issues on Spotify for the past week. Happened to me again this morning, while I'm using Youtube app. It's very annoying, and nothing seems to fix it.

Jeriann2001

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Has this problem been solved yet? Samsung galaxy s4 listening to google play music or YouTube and lose volume after about an hour of listening. I can't get it back. happens every day. the only thing I can think of is after a notification sound it reverts back to a low volume setting. but even if I turn up the setting on the device settings too high I still can't hear. any advice please?

Zombi3kill3r00

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
All of my volumes won't change up or down an I restarted and powered off and on multiple times. It still won't go away. There are no apps running in the background.

Michael Ledbetter

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this....my media volume keeps going to zero and won't let me turn up in apps etc. Only way it seems to fix itself is for me to reset the phone but then it does it again......any suggestions??

I believe I fixed the issue, I went to settings and went under APPS and selected Reset App Preferences.

Adam T2

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes this is a glitch, it happens when you headphone jack had something in it instead like square, a way you can try to fix this is insert a regular pair of headphones

Charles Epperson

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Has this problem been solved yet? Samsung galaxy s4 listening to google play music or YouTube and lose volume after about an hour of listening. I can't get it back. happens every day. the only thing I can think of is after a notification sound it reverts back to a low volume setting. but even if I turn up the setting on the device settings too high I still can't hear. any advice please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara