1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Media volume issue.....very frustrating!

Does anyone know how to fix this....my media volume keeps going to zero and won't let me turn up in apps etc. Only way it seems to fix itself is for me to reset the phone but then it does it again......any suggestions??

Default Re: Media volume issue.....very frustrating!!!

Yes, this happened to me. It wasn't an issue, but rather a glitch.

I believe the problem on my end was this.

I was on the subway playing Spiderman 3D. I turned the volume all the way down once I was in the game via the volume rocker. Few minutes later, I tapped the home button and got out of the game. Tried to watch a video or something but didn't have sound. I went into sound settings and manually tried to raise the volume bar but every time I would go and watch the video there would be no sound.

So, I think the problem is that the spidey game was still running in the background and still thought the volume was turned down within the game perhaps? I dunno. It's a guess.

Try force closing all your apps. Then go into the sound settings and turn up the slider.

This only happened to me once, btw.

Good luck!
    Thanked by:

My son called me this evening with exact same problem and I found this post. He had been playing spiderman game and turned the media sound down. Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I had this problem w/ gun bros - even after hitting the home button when I pushed the volume buttons it was changing the media volume despite nothing being open. Force closing the app didn't seem to work, but if i opened the app and when through it's exit channels it actually closed and everything worked again as normal. Hope that helps!

This happens to me ALL the time with apps like iheartradio. The only way I seem to be able to remedy it is a reboot. Hoping it's fixed whenever they get around to a new OTA (along with the green camera issue).

Default Re: Media volume issue.....very frustrating!

This is also happening to me when I try to play music. it does not appear to have anything to do with the background running apps, as there are no apps running in the background. the volume for music/apps just locks into the off position and I can't get it to unlocks unless i restart it. it's happened two days in a row and I haven't even owned the phone for a week.

This is also happening to me when I try to play music. it does not appear to have anything to do with the background running apps, as there are no apps running in the background. the volume for music/apps just locks into the off position and I can't get it to unlocks unless i restart it. it's happened two days in a row and I haven't even owned the phone for a week.

i had a similar problem with my droid x, every time i would get a call or sms the volume would reset to mid point making it very difficult to hear.i tryd many things and settled with "AudioManager" from goolge play (free vir) . I selected the audio levels for everything and then chose the lock option. i may not have solved the volume dropping mystery, but i can now hear the stupid phone ring.

um if your device has it where u can clear the ram on it try doing that same problem on my samsung galaxy s4 and that seemed to fix the problem

I wasn't able to hear any media sound but I could hear my music on the Note 3. I restarted my phone and that fixes it. This happened after the latest software update.